Part 23

"My queen, please save us!"

I could hear their cries from the other side of the main entrance door. All of them screaming and begging for me to overthrow the current king and release them from their shackles.

It was deafening.

"I'm sorry... I can't do anything..." I whispered to myself and placed my head against the door.

I had no power.

I couldn't lead a mutiny because I didn't want to sacrifice people's lives. No more.

I was trapped, unable to even take a step outside.

Namjoon walked up to me.

I side eyed him. "You're not supposed to be coming near me. You'll be in trouble."

"He told me to serve you instead of guarding the prisoners," he raised his voice to be heard louder from all the noises outside. "You shouldn't be tormenting yourself like that... Let's take you back to your room."

He held my shoulders and pulled me away from the door.

"And do what?" I chuckled tired. "Is there anything I should do?"

"Y/N-"

"No! I'm not going!" I pushed him. "I'm not turning my back against my people."

I covered my face with my hands. "But I can't do anything to help them either... Please tell me... What am I supposed to do?"

I hoped that he would come up with an idea. Any idea.

"Is there anything I can do to help them?" I was shaking.

He only held me tightly and silently rubbed my back.

So there isn't anything? Anything at all?

I really can't do anything?

Tears started to cover my eyes slowly and I buried my face into his chest.

"I'm sorry, Y/N..."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Sorry won't change anything, Taehyung."

Eleanor paced back and forth in the dining room, frustrated.

"It's been 2 whole days since that damned man took her away," she groaned. "And all you have to say is 'Sorry'?!"

She threw a glare at him.

"Are you planning to just sit there and forget that she even existed?" She huffed.

He slammed his hand on the table and stood up.

"Do you think I would just let her go like that? When I know how much pain she's going through right now?!"

She halted her steps due to his sudden outburst. "Wha-"

"I will go and save her even if she doesn't want me to," he walked towards the door. "I'm only waiting for my parents' approval now. Don't misunderstand."

She ran after him. "Wait! What do you mean by that? You're attacking Leovalon?"

Her eyes almost popped out of its sockets.

He chuckled at her expression and ruffled her hair which caught her off guard.

"Yep. I already arranged the soldiers and everything. As soon as I receive my letter, we're moving."

She was baffled.

"B-But, I thought you and your people hated engaging in battles with others. Because you're af...raid of shedding blood and having many people killed..."

He became silent and kept walking.

"For me, I truly appreciate what you're doing, but... are you sure you want to do this?" She whispered softly, worried.

They arrived at the soldiers' practice area.

Hundreds and thousands of people were sparring and preparing for the upcoming warfare.

He turned to her. "I know... But I can't leave her..."

Her eyes softened at his melancholic state. "The casualties will be very high, Taehyung."

He raised his head to meet her gaze and smiled a little. "Then so be it... As long as I can free her from her misery, I'm willing to do anything."

She furrowed her eyebrows, looking concerned. "You might die during the process. You still want to do this? You would even be willing to give your life for her?"

He took a deep breath and sighed.

"Yes."

She was in awe.

His words reached her heart and she became certain that she can entrust the destiny of her kingdom in his hands. Though, she somehow felt jealous.

"I'm going to be honest with you. I wasn't very pleased with you suddenly breaking off our engagement and choosing my sister over me." She felt hurt by her own words.

Taehyung winced at that and rubbed the back of his neck.

"But I only allowed that because I thought that you would take really good care of her. And I was right... You better fulfill your own words, Tae." She nudged him and grinned.

His lips curved up and he saluted.

"Yes, little sis."

A/N: Soooooo a fight til death? 🤔

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💜