The Morning After

You'd sort of blacked-out after dinner. You didn't recall much of what had happened after that kiss, your mind in a toss-up between anger and infatuation. You grumbled a bit, as you awoke, feeling something quite.. comfortable below you. You glanced about for a moment or two, noticing you were in a well-furnished bedroom. It wasn't huge, but it was definitely more comfy than the cargo hold's floor.

You stood from the bed, able to hear the sounds of the Iron Vulture's engines, but softly.. You weren't too close to them. It was just a bit of noise. It almost reminded you of the engine of your cargo plane.. which was probably in a million pieces in a ravine, or at the bottom of the ocean by now. You let out a sigh. You sort of missed flying. You stretched out quietly, noticing a box with your name written nearly upon the top.

You noticed a note taped to the side, and tore it from the box, giving it a read.

'Good morning to you, (Y/N). Your clothes were rather dirty from your time here so far, so I have had them added to the laundry. They shall be clean in due time, but for now, I have had these articles of clothing brought to you. Do wear what you deem comfortable and stylish enough. I look forward to seeing you.                                 -Don Karnage'

Don had given you some clothes while yours were being cleaned? You opened the box, noticing rather plain clothing. You found a few off pieces of clothing, resembling an RAF uniform from those boys across the pond. Looked like a bomber uniform. You looked over them for any identification, not finding any. Thinking it over, you put the uniform on, remembering the order each piece went on from your own training.

There you stood, dressed in the blue-gray uniform, looking at yourself in the mirror. It all fit near-perfectly, and you couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor son of a bitch who wore this uniform before you. You noticed an odd trench-coat, with a furry, fleece-like inlay. A flight jacket. You decided to put it on over the uniform, mainly to cover the rank symbols. You didn't deserve the rank, even if it was just a Private, or something.

You looked at yourself, adjusting the flight-jacket, and fixing your hair. You definitely looked like the pilot you were, and the layers of this uniform would help with the cold of this altitude. You noticed a second part to the note, telling you to report to the hangar bay when you were ready, so you figured thats what you should do. You walked out into the hallway, closing the door behind you, following a few signs on the walls down toward the hangar, where Don Karnage was no-doubt waiting for you.