A Moment of Thought

You continued to look yourself over in the mirror, feeling how well it all fit. Whilst you were anything but calm right now, you at least knew nobody on this craft would harm you.

You, however, saw something else that had been hidden in the pile of clothes. It was a pistol. It was definitely an older pistol, with a long barrel and an adjustable sight. The handle was mainly compromised of wood.. You weren't the best at identifying guns, but you knew what this pistol was..

It was a Mauser. A C96, at that. One of the guys on your cargo plane had one of these. He was an older guy. Kind of like the dad of the operation. Genuinely cared about people.. He'd probably died when the plane went down.. Either that, or he managed to grab one of the parachutes. In the fighting, you didn't see what happened to him.

You gripped the pistol in silence, holding it at the grip. This pistol was.. a memory. You noticed a holster as well, affixing the holster to your new clothing, and shoving the pistol into its new home. Finally, you could think. 

You looked to yourself in the mirror. You wore the clothes of the pirate who had captured you. You held the pistol of your most-likely dead best friend..

You.. couldn't take it. You sat on the bed, tears stinging your eyes as they welled up. Everything had seemed to happen so fast.. 

Tears rolled down your cheeks, falling onto the floor..

You tried to hold yourself together..

You failed..

You let go, and all of the stress, emotional torment, and fear manifested into tears and relentless sobbing..

You couldn't help it. You were a mess in seconds. Shaking. Sobbing. Your eyes shut tight as you desperately tried to collect yourself before you were found out..

Then, you felt a hand under your chin, a thumb rubbing your cheek.. 

You opened your eyes slowly.. 

Don Karnage stood there, his thumb slowly stroking your cheek. His face showing an expression of genuine worry. 

He wiped the tears away, and took a moment to think before he spoke. "I am.. sorry. I never quite allowed you to digest things.." He didn't go in for a hug or anything, seeming to respect your personal space for once.

As your body shook, still in the throws of the breakdown, Karnage finally stepped forward, throwing his arms around you..

He held you close, rubbing your back consolingly as you slowly began to calm down. He didn't say a single thing.. He didn't push for a kiss, or do anything you didn't.. need..

Instead, you made the move this time, emotions still running wild. You moved your head back, causing Karnage to blink, before bringing your lips to his own. His eyes widened, cheeks going a soft pink, before you pulled back, and let your head go into his chest..

He took a moment, before his jaw gently met the top of your head, hand continuing the consoling rub for another few minutes until you could finally take a deep breath without shaking.

"..I have got you.. Do not worry.. You will be safe." let out Karnage in a quiet tone. You sort of.. pulled him closer, which caused him to let out a soft chuckle. "..I shall stay with you for a bit longer as you calm.. my love."

For once in all of the times he'd called you that, you.. truly felt like it fit you.. You were now the lover of the feared pirate, Don Karnage.