Chapter Eight

He couldn't sleep. Too many thoughts entered his head. Summer mostly. His house.

When he bought it, he had intended on fixing it up and then living in it by himself until, hopefully, one day he'd get married and have a ton of kids to fill it.

Now, Dana and Summer were moving in. He didn't mind that. He loved Dana like a sister and couldn't see living anywhere without her. Even if it did mean putting her over the garage as they discussed would be a possibility of happening when he did, in fact, get married.

But Summer? Jesse couldn't see living without her either. But he didn't want to stick her above the garage. He wanted her in the house with him. In his bed. With their kids sleeping in their bedrooms down the hall.

Jesse turned on the light and got up. It was no use trying to sleep when he knew he couldn't.

He went to the living room and turned on one of the lamps and dimmed it. He grabbed a stack of catalogs that he had yet to go through and sprawled out on the couch with them.

Jesse looked up when Summer appeared. Her hair was again down and tossled. He wished she would wear it down like that during the day. Not that she didn't look good with it pulled back, but there was something about it being down that drove him crazy. He wanted to put his hands in those tousles of curls.

She wore a light blue pajama set. The bottoms shorts showing off her fantastic legs and the top was a tank top showing off the curves of her breasts that were not at the moment enclosed in a bra.

Jesse looked back at his magazine and tried to breathe. Summer went into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of milk.

"Sorry if I woke you," he finally got out.

Summer walked into the room."No. It wasn't you. Just not used to the different time zones yet, I guess," she replied.

She sat in the lazy boy chair trying not to look at him. Jesse was, again, shirtless, this time without the sweat. He wore dark blue boxers and she feared nothing else. She noticed Jesse had on gold rimmed glasses.

"I didn't know you wore glasses."

"I wear contacts in the day," he answered not looking up.

"Makes you look... intellectual." she decided.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Oh, good," Summer reassured him.

He nodded and flipped a page of the magazine.

"What are all those catalogs for?" she asked.

About fifty of them were stacked on the coffee table and he had about twenty more scattered around him on the couch.

"Getting ideas for the house," Jesse answered, folding a corner and turned the page. "Why don't you look through some? See what you want to do to your room," he said, still not looking up.

Summer picked up a magazine from the table. "I still can't believe I'm going to move into your house!"

"Our house."

"Okay. Our house," she said with a smile.

Jesse smiled without looking at her still.

"Is there a reason why you're avoiding looking at me?" Summer asked, noticing he hadn't looked her way once since she entered the room.

"Not at all," he turned another page, still not glancing up.

Summer was surprised to see him blushing. "Come on, spit it out."

"I'm going back to bed," Jesse got up, still not looking at her.

"What?!" she demanded as he walked down the hall towards his room. "Jesse?!" Had she said something wrong?

He stopped walking but didn't turn around. "I think it's probably best we don't walk around in our pajamas. Agreed?"

"Sure," Summer answered puzzled. Jesse went to his room and shut the door.

Summer smiled as she walked back to her room. Dana's room, she corrected. She was rather flattered Jesse was bothered by seeing her in her pajamas. Or maybe he was uncomfortable with her seeing him in his boxers.

She sat down on the bed more confused than ever. Summer liked him so much it hurt. She wanted to be his friend, his roommate, so bad.

Jesse was a great guy, and to have him and Dana as a roommate was the best thing that could have happened to her.
But, on the other hand, she wanted to kiss him even more.

Summer climbed into bed and threw the covers over her head in frustration.

When she woke up, Jesse was gone. Summer was disappointed, but she knew he had to work. She didn't even know what he did. She would have to ask, she decided as she walked into the kitchen.

There was a note on the counter. "Be back by four. Remember you live here too. This is your home. Do what you want (even if that means walking around in your pajamas). Some catalogs for you on the table. Jesse."

Summer smiled and went over to the coffee table. On it were about ten gardening catalogs. She grinned and grabbed one.

Author note:

Do you wear glasses or contacts? Do you find glasses on a guy or girl sexy?