Chapter Nineteen

Summer woke up in Jesse's arms. She couldn't believe she had just made love to Jesse and she'd known him in person for a week. It was completely out of character for her. But it made sense. They'd known each other over the phone for a couple of years and she had shared things on the phone with him she'd never shared with anyone else. Summer felt Jesse had shared things with her as well.

She looked at him as he was sleeping. One arm was under her, the other crossed her, and his hand rested on her hip. Summer liked having him wrapped around her. She liked being with him. She kissed his cheek, laid her head back on his chest, and went back to sleep.

When she woke up again, Jesse was gone. Her heart ached. Summer sat up, pulling the sheet over her bare breasts. Was this a one night stand for him? She gave her virginity to him and he just up and left? She rubbed her forehead wondering what to do.

"Hey, sleepy head," Jesse came into the room, carrying a bed tray. She smiled. He leaned down and kissed her.

"Hi," Summer answered, looking into his eyes.

Jesse touched her face gently and smiled. He set the tray in front of her. "Breakfast."

She looked down at the pancakes covered in strawberries. The sausage, the glass of orange juice. It was so sweet of him. She burst into tears.

"Hey, hey," Jesse pushed the tray aside and sat down next to her. He put his arms around her. "Summer, what's the matter?"

"I'm sorry. I don't know." She wiped her tears away, but they kept falling.

"Do you regret last night?" he asked concerned.

"No. No. Not at all," Summer answered, trying not to cry more.

"Did I hurt you?" Jesse asked, his arm coming around her waist protectively. He was scared he had. He hadn't known she was a virgin, when he entered her, and he had entered her quickly as his need was so great for her.

Summer shook her head. She put her head into his shoulder and breathed him in. Jesse hugged her.

"It was amazing, really. I'm happy that we did," she told him.

Jesse pulled back to look at her. "Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He took her hand in his, he ran a thumb over her hand. "You know, um, I didn't intend on this happening, but I'm glad it did."

"Me too." Summer whispered.

"And, I don't intend for this to be just a one-time thing. If that's okay with you?" he asked softly as he looked up at her.

"Definitely," Summer answered grinning.

Jesse smiled back and then pulled the sheet down from her. "What are you doing?" she asked with a laugh.

"Getting a better look at you. We did things pretty quickly last night," he said, looking at her incredible body, running his hands over her.

"Several times," she giggled. Jesse pulled off his shirt and climbed back into bed with her.

"What about breakfast?" she asked as he climbed on top of her.

"I need to work up an appetite first," he answered, kissing her.