Chapter 9: The Sound Ninja Attack

" Effort by itself does nothing. Now watch, we're going to show you something called the wall." The leader said as Lee tried catching his breath. Lee was now on his hands and knees and puked from the dizziness.  His ears started bleeding from the vibrations.

" Lee what's wrong?" Sakura asked watching Lee. Lee cupped his ear.

" Oh, I forgot to mention this last little gadget I wear," He said showing them his arm that had a metal things with holes in it, " You may be able to dodge my blows, but you can't get away from it," He laughed, " I don't need to strike you with my fists. I can hit you with the power of sound. What makes it possible for the ear to hear this? What is sound really?"

" Vibrations." Sakura said. 

" Give the little lady a prize. Yes, the vibrations of molecules in the air creates a sound wave. These vibrations are collected by the ear, then directed to the outer ear canal to your eardrum. The rest as they say is innately. What interests me are the organs of your inner ear. The ones that control your sense of balance, your ability to move quickly. Feeling a little dizzy? Nauseous? That's right, best if you don't even try to stand up for a while."

" You see buddy, that old fashioned Taijutsu stuff won't work against us. Not that you're not pretty good at it it's just what's the point, compared to our jutsu that stuff's totally yesterdays news," Zaku said taking his hands out of the ground, " See I can manipulate ultra sonic waves and air pressure. I can do things you've never even dreamed of. I can obliterate boulders, or make the ground itself as soft as a feather cushion. Face it little man, you're up against the jutsu of the future." He opened his hands two air tunnel things showed. He let out a chuckle as Sakura gasped.

" Now then little girl it's your turn!" The leader said charging at Sakura.

" No!" Lee yelled looking back, but still not able to get up from the last attack. She grabbed a kunai out and had it at the ready. Lee came running up as best as he could.

" What!" The leader exclaimed.

" Leaf Hurricane!" Lee said going to kick at him, but it wasn't that effective so the leader used his foot as a kick off.

" Not as effective as much as before is it?" He asked. Lee groaned in pain, " Still, it's impressive that you can move at all. We'll have to do something about that." He went to punch Lee, but Lee caught his arm before it could hit his head, but the gadget on the ninja's arm sent out a vibration, " Do you hear that? This device has the emphasizes the waves of the impact transforming them into a wave of sound." Lee tried holding his head as far away as he could.

" Lee no!" Sakura said watching in horror.

" The sound wave I can channel with my chakra, focusing all its energy on any target I desire!" Lee groaned as more pain washed over him.

" Stop it!" Sakura yelled panicked. Lee fell on his knees and then onto the ground.

" Alright little man, time to end it," His arm was raised above Lee ready to strike.

" That's what you think!" Sakura said standing up throwing shuriken at him. He blocked it with the metal gadget on his arm.

" Ahh, I'd almost forgotten you."

Shikamaru, Ino, and Choji watched behind a bush as some of the fight between Lee and the ninja happened. 

" Who could have taken down Ayame unless something bad happened?" Shikamaru whispered confused.

" If they took Sasuke and her down they must have been powerful." Ino pointed out.

" These guys are scary." Choji said looking over the bush, " I vote for getting out of here."