chahat

#shortstory
#endlesslove

#sapanasbain

Standing at stall and giggling with friends and making sipping sound of cafe latte instead of being inside the huge cafeteria nearby it was daily routine of we girls. Rushing to the bus stop, teasing each other and especially mimicking each other was the special part of our journey from here to college. Daily during class timing yawning in the midst, eyeing each other about the lectures was not less than a fun. During evening while returning, finding home in each other was soothing each one of us in the group of 5 like "hum Panch".

As usual again on cafe stall making same noise and giggling I heard a beep sound as a text burp on my cell to which I turned to pick it up suddenly I bumped into someone. Shattering on ground and ready to bear the pain I closed my eyes and I was in two masculine arms enveloping me, one hand on my bare back while the other one resting on my waist. Opening one eye to see who exactly that moron was, to my surprise I was looking into his mesmerizing eyes. He made me stand on my own and asked "are you okay " to which I just nodded in response as my voice was chocked inside my throat.

The guy with bottle green jeans paired with muscle fit white tee and military print jacket, his athletic body made him more stunning with a gorgeous height of nearly 6feet 3inches. His stubble fair face with dark shades made him more handsome, to which my heart was just beating erratically. His tantalizing smile made me weak. He left us within no minutes and I stared at him until he disappeared like fog on his Royal Enfield.

We were in the college attending the class of psychology which was boring to me and I was playing tantrums to move out of the class and I succeeded. The guy passing through the corridor unknowingly dropped a white packet, I picked it up to returned and called him.

"Hey! You left your packet " abruptly I was glancing on the same packet which made me remind of something. He strode fast towards me and snatched the packet with anger in his eyes. For a while he stared at me and I was confused why he was so furious on me. With my confused expression he smirked like a pervert and left. I shrugged myself and headed towards the canteen near the college gate.

My eyes glistened to see the same guy I bumped in the morning, he was unaware of me. With heart throbbing in my chest fastly I turned to the sales girl and asked her in hustle bustle about some food,

" one lemon coffee, one finger fries and one seed burger" the vendor and the sales girl both replied in unison "what? " I was shocked to see their faces as I declared them sentence to death.

"You mean one coffee latte, one French fries and one cheese burger right ma'am " I replied "oh yes ". Walking with my back I headed to capture the corner seat not to face him again.

I relaxed with my food and was happy that I won't t face him again, to my surprise he was seated opposite to me on my table to which I was just gawking at him.

"Hey! What are you doing here " I gathered the courage and composed myself not to be affected by his looks , eyeing on my food I replied " enjoying my food, what about you? " he replied "I came to meet one my friend". He took a sip of his coffee espresso which he ordered before and started talking about my whereabouts. I too felt relieved with our conversation, with a phone call he left for a while and was again seated just to ask my name.

"My name is James Ashton, friends call me jammy ", I replied " Ashley " people call me only Ashley, he left with words "see you tomorrow ".

I was back to class with my gang, none of them was aware of about I met James again, oh! they don't even know his name also. The next day with hope and happiness in my eyes assuring myself that he'll come and yes he was, there at the same corner seat which we occupied yesterday. Again with his espresso and my coffee latte we converse a lot. I explained him how much I love my coffee, he became desperate to listen with one hand on his chin resting on table. Explaining the same I took one sip of my coffee I furrowed my brows "it's different" again one sip "it's totally different it's not my coffee latte" he bursted out laughing hardly. I asked What happened? He replied

"Is your coffee latte different? Oh yes it's different , yes it is different because that's my espresso", I was so embarrassed to look at him sipping his coffee.

Days after days we were so close as good friends enjoying the ride, my stall giggling moments, loitering at the college campus with hands in hand.

After 3 month one morning feeling nauseous I was in my bathroom looking at my reflection, couldn't recognize myself seeing my black eye, a cut mark on my lower lip, rashes on my arms and my back made me shiver. Even I couldn't remember what actually happened to me last night. With a loud knock on the door my friends and my warden along with two lady cops entered in my room. I was so shocked to see all of them suddenly. They interrogated me showing the white packet as a evidence "what happened last night", I replied " I don't know ". I was sobbing so hard that I can't breathe, my friends helped me with some water kept on the table. One of the lady cop shouted to another "hey! Sir has arrived now he's gonna interrogate her, he's very hardheaded person with anger raging in him especially dealing with the suspects".

James in his room in front of his vanity table staring at his own reflection "do my smile affect her, do she really likes me? Whatever but today I wanna talk to her seriously about me, my feelings, my emotions, how my heart makes thumps up just at a mere glance of her. She don't know the way how she affects me, her closeness makes my heart to sing and to dance on the music of love for her. I was not the believer of destiny but she always believed in happily after ever, today I'm gonna confess her.

🎶Ke tere sang laagi, preet mohe,
Rooh baar baar Tera naam Le,
Ke rab se hai mangi, Ye hi dua,
Tu haath ki lakherein thaam le.🎶

Reminiscing the moment when she suddenly bumped into me, I remembered her twinkling eyes with sparkle, hair strands covered half of her face making a beautiful mess in itself, satin like skin and as delicate as like feather I embraced her. I was just off guard, God knows how I felt for her at that pretty moment, even I started hallucinating firecrackers in the dark sky. If it is a dream than no one wake me.

He jolted and was out of his trance by ringing bell on his cell from one of the officers. He was on his way discussing something serious, and after arriving at his destination looking at the banner at the main gate.

"Catholics Rehabilitation".

He was inside the premises to glance at the situation. Seeing the corpse and the metal rod beside it lying on the blooded floor, he enquired one and all present over there. To his last question he was interrupted by one of the lady cops "she is there in one of the room, Sir. It was possible that the blow on her head gave her a concussion." He replied "wait I'll be there".

He strode faster towards the room and opened the door to slam on wall, the girl flinched at the sound door, he entered the room, to his surprise he scanned the girl from head to toe, he was zoned out by looking at the similar face which reminds him to live his life "happily after ever", my attention perked up when I found her but.... all anger in him disappeared, as he was so frantic looking at her right now, his expression was ambivalent whether to be angry or to shout or to cry, he was tongue tied. He tried to speak but his throat was so parched.

Snickering mildy, he whispered her name "Ashley "......

©️copyright disclaimer : no part of this written piece should be copied or reproduced..