ii

jimin felt the words burn against his skin as he stared up in awe at the man in front of him. those six words etched into his skin in a neat cursive that consumed his mind every waking moment of the day, the six words that pushed him to enroll in dance classes ten years ago.

"do you teach dance with hyung?"

swallowing the lump in his throat, jimin nodded. he wasn't exactly sure how he was going to tell him that they were soulmates and supposed to fall in love. not exactly a great conversation starter. for once in his life, jimin had no idea what to say. hesitantly, he opened his mouth, but all that came out was a strangled choking noise as his legs started to shake.

"um... are you okay?"

jimin had mentally prepared a quick sentence to inform the other that the universe had decided that they were destined to be together, but his mind suddenly went blank and all he could do was nod again.

"hey! i'm ready to leave!"

the two of them turned when one of the other instructors, hoseok, came sprinting up to them.

"oh, i see you've met park jimin! he teaches contemporary dance. he's really talented!"

the shorter could feel his face burn while hoseok continued to praise him. before he knew it, the two were walking through the door.

"bye, jiminie!" hoseok called, waving to him happily.

jimin wanted to scream once the doors slammed shut.

"why didn't i say anything!? it's not that hard to open your mouth and talk!" he wailed, burying his face in his hands.