All Things Come To Those Who Ache Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Koky

It was the next morning. Oliver and Felicity went home after they left the mall. Diggle made an emergency run to the hospital because Lyla started having Braxton Hicks contractions. She was 7 ½ months pregnant now, so they started coming more frequently. Diggle assured them that everything was okay and that he would see them tomorrow in the lair. It was 8am and Oliver had been there for at least a half an hour already.

CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK! Oliver was on the Salmon Ladder. He had done a good three sets of fifteen. But he sure wasn’t keeping track of time. The new lair was actually really nice. Just a little smaller than the original one. It had the regular target boards that Oliver and Roy used for practice. Felicity had her own area where she could set up her computers and get to work. But what she loved the most was the small stereo that she desperately needed. Diggle, he wanted something that was just his, he ended up making an area for boxing equipment. He had the huge punching bag, a speed bag, a jump rope, some weights, and a bicycle machine. That he would only let Felicity use when he wasn’t in the lair. He was so passionate about that spot of his. No one was allowed to touch it. He had a bit of a Muhammad Ali complex, which Roy found out the hard way.

One day Roy went to use his speed bag without his permission, Diggle was so annoyed, and he ended up throwing tennis balls at Roy’s head for an hour to test his agility. Everyone had a laugh. There was a comfortable tan couch in the back of the room, which was also a pullout bed in case anyone needed to crash. There was also a corner for a built in standing shower, the other lair didn’t have that, so they all figured why not put one in. It was more convenient when they had to spend their nights there. Oliver still had his suite in the glass case, his dummy in the corner next to the salmon ladder, to practice his martial arts skills, but the best place for them to really get out aggression was right there on the sparing mat. They all trained on the mat on a weekly basis. When Felicity wasn’t training with Diggle one on one, all three of the guys would go at it, and Felicity would watch from a distance shaking her head in entertainment thinking, wow there is so much testosterone on that mat. She always had the first aid kit ready.

CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK! Oliver jumped down sweating all over. He grabbed his water bottle and after squeezing the water in his mouth, he raised the water bottle above his head and squeezed away until his face was soaking wet. He walked over to Diggle’s punching bag and practiced his combos.

“Oliver!” Diggle walked in and was standing there with a box of doughnuts.

“Hey Dig. What are you doing here so early?” He kept punching.

“Man how many times have I told you not to touch my bag?! The last time you were on it, you completely took it off the hook. Oliver I swear, if you ruin my bag, you’ll be buying me five new ones. Maybe I should put my bag in a glass case too.” He put the doughnuts on the table not looking directly at Oliver. Oliver just smiled in silence while he punched away.

“You got it.” Oliver changed his stance. Diggle continued.

“As far as what I’m doing here, well Lyla just fell asleep an hour ago. We stayed at the hospital for a while, but for some reason when we got home she couldn’t sleep. So I just tried to make her as comfortable as possible. Massaged her back, her feet, read to the baby, gave her chips of ice, you know the usual. She said once she fell asleep I could be released. I actually just came here to catch a quick snooze. She wants to have a girl’s day with Felicity. I forgot about that, so Felicity won’t be here today. Anyway I figured it best to just get out the way.” He bit into a Jelly doughnut.

“Haha, yeah right. When those two get together, no one’s safe.” He kept punching. Right hook. Left hook. Uppercut. Left hook. Right hook. Uppercut. "Speaking of Felicity she said you wanted to finish helping for the party. You said something about Calves’ brains to munch? I know you didn’t really say that.” His breathing was heavier now.