All Things Come To Those Who Ache Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Koky

It was three days later. Oliver had gone back to the mall to pick up Felicity’s skates early that afternoon. He was glad that nothing went wrong with the shipment so close to Christmas, now only two days away and the party was tomorrow. When Oliver returned back to the mansion he went to the living room and sat on the sofa. He opened the box looking at the skates once more and thinking of Felicity. They were perfect. Exactly the way he ordered him. He smiled in comfort imagining her reaction. He placed the box on the table and went inside the closet to get wrapping paper and a bow. Once he was done wrapping he wasn’t sure where to put the gift. He thought putting it under the tree wasn’t good enough. This was special, and although that would be the logical thing to do, leaving it under a tree with his other presents just felt…wrong and too exposed. This was something he wanted to share with just her. Not leaving it on display for the party guests, he went upstairs to put it in his bedroom closet on the top shelf. Looking at it he thought, “This is much better.” Going back downstairs he closed his bedroom door and started to the kitchen suddenly he heard the front bell ring and went to open the door.

“Roy?”

“Hey.”

“Hey. Didn’t think I’d see you until tomorrow? Everything alright?”

“Just checking in, you know?”

“Okayyy, come on in.” Oliver backed up to let Roy pass and shut the door. When Roy got a few feet away from the door he turned facing Oliver looking rather troubled. Oliver folded his arms and raised his eyebrows waiting for Roy to speak up he could tell Roy had something on his mind.

“I, I was hoping we could talk?” He stuttered.

“Alright, what about?” Oliver asked calmly his arms still folded.

“Well the thing is, with the holidays coming up and all. I’ve been thinking about it more and more.” He stopped.

“Roy?” Oliver gave him an expression to spit it out.

“Thea…I want to talk about Thea.” Oliver took in a deep breath still looking into Roy’s eyes already feeling a bit tense.

“Roy I-”

“Look, I know you don’t like to talk about it. Especially not with me, and I get that, I do, I just wanted to see if you were okay because I can’t stop thinking about her, and if I couldn’t, I knew you couldn’t.” Oliver approached Roy slowly, his arms still folded.

“Roy, she’s my sister. I never stop thinking about her.” Oliver said softly while walking past Roy telling him to follow him into the living room. “Do you remember when we got this tree?” He pointed with his chin towards the white tree.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t let me leave until we picked up the fullest tree in the lot. It was like thirty degrees outside.” He turned his head to look at Oliver now standing beside him.

“Right. I did that because Thea always loved full trees. She thought the fuller the tree the better the smell. She loved the smell of Christmas trees.” Roy was quiet looking at the tree again. “I took you because you were the last person she truly cared about before she left.” He was now faced towards Roy. “I don’t blame you for Thea, Roy.”

“I broke her arm.” Roy said aggressively.

“To defend me. You stepped in when I couldn’t and with that you lost her. I’m sorry for that. That was my fault…everything that happened, was my fault.” Roy shook his head quickly about to speak and Oliver cut him off. “Roy…it was my fault.” Oliver looked at him with all the seriousness in the world making sure that Roy understood him.