All Things Come To Those Who Ache Chapter 5

• Посвящена Koky

Oliver drove back to the office. He tried to relax not thinking of Felicity and buried himself in paperwork. The more he thought about her the more he did, checking his reports three or four times before putting them in his completed pile. Oliver was exhausted with him hosting the party tomorrow he knew he had to wrap things up. Constantly yawning, he looked at his watch it was 11:30pm. Rubbing his eyes he finally got up from his chair and placed the files back in the filing cabinet. Not wanting to take the chance of missing Felicity in the morning, he decided to sleep in the lair. While leaving the office he checked his pockets for his phone noticing it was missing, he took the elevator to see if it was left in his car. When he stepped outside he saw a familiar face.

“Laurel?” He stopped in his tracks.

“Hey Ollie.” She was leaning on his passenger door.

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

“I couldn’t sleep.”

“Okay…but what are you doing here?”

“Oh, you know what I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have come. I’ll just drive back home.” She got off his car.

“No it’s fine, you being here now it’s just unexpected that’s all.” With the keys in his hand he walked over to the driver’s side, unlocked the door, and searched for his phone.

“Being a vigilante shouldn’t you expect the unexpected?” She smiled at him looking over the car to see his back still bent halfway in. Giving a little smile he grabbed his phone underneath his seat and stood back up.

“You still haven’t told me what you’re doing here?” He set his car alarm.

“Well since I couldn’t sleep, I took a drive, ended up here. I wasn’t sure you would be here, I called a few times but there was no answer and I saw your car and just waited.” He lifted his phone to her…

“Dead.”

“Ah.” She nodded. “So were you going home?” He was still standing on the opposite side of the car.

“No, I just came down to get my phone.”

“Oh, good! Can I come up?” He looked at his watch.

“Laurel, I really need to get some rest, the party’s tomorrow, it’s Christmas Eve-”

“I won’t be long, I promise.” She cut him off and smirked. He sighed, not wanting to be too rude he escorted her inside the building to take that 18th floor trip. When they exited the elevator he plugged in his phone turning it on while it charged, and led Laurel to the conference room instead of his actual office. Pulling up two seats, they were faced vertically towards one another. Oliver leaned back in his chair while Laurel crossed her legs, and sat up straight with her sides on the chair’s arms. “Have you heard from Sara?”

“No I haven’t.”

“I think about her more now, especially with Dad, if he would’ve…I don’t know what I would’ve done. And with Sara just going back to the league, I think that would’ve sent me back to relapse.”

“But it didn’t and your dad is still here, he survived, like you did.”

“I guess I have you to thank for that.”

“What do you mean?” He said with curiosity.

“Remember when we were in the hall? At the not- so- lovely- Lance reunion? You said to me, and I quote, “I have loved you for half of my life but I’m done running after you,” That made me realize that I needed help. That I needed to go to AA, and that I wasn’t quite ready for you to let me go.” He sighed and rubbed his eyes.