Chapter 6

Natsu's pov

Lushee is thinking so hard. She's just sitting there while staring off into space while I sat beside her staring at her face. What is she thinking about? If she thinks too hard her head will blow up! I panicked and started poking her arm. Wait......what if she's thinking about that ugly prince! I should stop her!

"Wushee! Wushee!" I yelled shaking her arms. Why does she have to be so big and me so small?

"Huh? What?" Lucy asked snapping out of her daze.

"Why you thinking? Your head is gonna go boom!" I said making silly explosions out of my hands. She giggled and pinched my cheeks. Owie.

"You're so cute." She cooed and lets go of my pink cheeks.

"So what does baby Natsu want to do for today?" She asked picking me up. My eyes lit up as an idea came jnto my head.

"Beat up Ugly Pwince!" I cheered and she sweat dropped.

"No. Nope. We are not going to the guildhall today because Mira has something planned out for a ship of hers. Don't ask." She sighed and walked into our room. She put me down in my crib making me pout.

"You play in here while I write on my novel. If you need anything just tell me. I'll be right over there." She said while pointing ag a desk. It had a stack of papers on it making me curios.

"What's a nova Wushee? Is it food?" I asked.

"No silly. It's a book that has a story in it. You'll find out when you grow older." She said.

"I wanna wead!" I said and her eyws widened.

"You.....want.....to....read?" She asked slowly and I nodded giddily.

"Fine. I'll get us some storybooks for you to practice to read." She said and walked over to a shelf where it had some thick and thin lines in it. Are those books? She took out around 3 thin lines, books, and picked me up from my crib. She sits down on the bed with me on her lap.

"Which one do you want to read first?" She asked. I pointed at a random book that had a dragon imprinted on it. She picks it up and opens it in front of me. My eyes widened in awe as I saw a lot of pictures and words.

"Once upon a time, there was red dragon who lived in a huge cave. He was a friendly dragon but no one knew that. So, they all avoided him." Lucy said. The picture showed a sad dragon in the cave while people and animals turning back from him.

"That's bad." I frowned. Lucy flipped the paper and there comes another picture and some words.

"One day, a girl came near the dragon's cave without knowing. She was crying and was lost. The dragon heard her cries and immediately rushed out to see what was happening. He saw the little girl crying on her knees as she clutched a small bag with her. The little girl sensed the dragon and turned around. 'Mr. Dragon help me! I'm lost!' The little girl cried as she ran towards the dragon. The dragon was shocked when the little girl hugged him. No one has ever done that before." Lucy said flipping page to page.

"'A-Alright.' The dragon stuttered as he picked up the little girl by his claw and put her on his back. He flew towards the nearest village and put the girl on the entrance.'I'm sorry but this is as far as I could go.' The dragon said and flew away without anyone noticing. The little girl found her parents nearby. Starting from that day on, the little girl would visit the dragon again and again. She would bring toys or food each day. Her parents noticed this and decided to follow her one day. They saw her playing with the dragon and immediately ran to get their daughter. The little girl was shocked to see her parents take her away from her bestfriend.'Let go of me!' The little girl cried but the parents continued to put her back in her room and lock the door. Ever since that day, the little girl can't get out anymore. Years flew by and the little girl was not so little anymore. She grew up into a beautiful woman. She decided that it was time for her to leave. She packed as much as she could and broke her barred window. She jumped to a tree nearby and jumped down. She started runnung towards the forest to see her best friend. When she got there, what she saw was horrible. A decaying body of her best friend. Stab wounds and arrows pierced through him. She fell on her knees and I cried." Lucy said. A tear fell down on my cheek without me knowing. Why did the dragon die? He dragon was so cool!

"She then dragged the dragon with all her might and put him in the cave. She built a small hut and lived outside the cave, guarding the dragon at all cost. The end." Lucy said and shut the book. I looked up at Lucy crying.

"Why dagon die?" I asked and she wiped away my tears.

"I think, the dragon died becasue her parents made the bad people kill the dragon." She said.

"No!" I whined and thrashed on her lap. She holds me down and hugged me.

"Don't be a bad boy Natsu." She watned. I stopped thrashing but continue to cry.

"Why kill dagon? Dagon ish good!" I cried.

"People judge a book by its cover. That's why they killed the dragon in fear that he would attack them. Stop crying ne? Go to sleep." She stood up with me in her hand and walked towards my crib. She gently places me down on it and kissed my forehead.

"No weave me like dagon did." I said gripping her hand tightly as my small hand could. She smiled and put a hand on my cheek. She hummed a little song while wiping away my tears causing me to drift off to sleep.