Fated (His POV)

Matthew Manuel's Point of View

I smiled as I saw her name flash on my screen. I excitedly answered her call, but before I could say a word, she dropped a bomb.

"Let's talk."

~Flashback~

"Did you have to do that?" Justine questioned me when only the boys and I were in the restaurant.

"That is the only way she will stay." I heard the others sigh. I smiled bitterly, thinking about what I did and said to her. I'm such a jerk. I want to punch myself for what I did. But that is the only way she will stay. That is the only way I could be with her and talk with her.

I felt someone pat my shoulder, and it was Elijah. I tried to smile at him, but I knew that it didn't reach my eyes.

It's been hours now, and the girls didn't leave her room yet. They just stayed there and were delivered food. I want to knock at her door and say I'm sorry. That I'll just leave so that she could go outside. That they could just continue the vacation without me. I wanted to do that. But this is the only way and chance I have. I don't want to continue living as Matthew as I was for the past year. I will not survive; it was so suffocating. It was like I was being murdered every day. I feel like dying every day; I want to die every second. I couldn't live without her anymore. God knows, I tried. God knows that I did everything I could. But I just couldn't. I thought it would get better when time passed, but it didn't. The pain won't go, and our memories just keep coming back. I love her so much. So... so... much. I wanted to run after her that day. To say that, I am sorry. To say that, I am just lying. That I love her. I still do and will always will. But I can't. I must not. When days passed, I thought she had already left for New York or home. But she didn't; I knew that she was following us, and I did everything to hurt her. Because that is what is best for her. I just hurt and hurt her with every action I did with Lia. I made sure that she would see everything. That she would witness it. That she'll think I am happy with Lia. I want her to move on from me because that is the best for her. That will keep her safe. So, when she suddenly didn't turn up anymore, I felt relieved because as much as I was trying to fool her and myself. The more I wanted to be with her and just run with her. I love her so much that hurting her is like torture to me too. Every time I would take a glimpse of her, I wanted to run and hug her. I missed her so much. I missed her voice and how she said 'I love you' to me. I missed her eyes that I could get lost in. I missed her lips. Her touch. Her hand that fits mine. Everything about her: I just miss her.

I flew to the Philippines, hoping I'll see her. But she was not there, so I flew to New York with the same hope. Even from just a far. Even just a minute. I wanted to see her so I could breathe, I could live. I waited days in front of her apartment and their company. But there is no sign of her. When I was about to give up, I went to her apartment for the last time and left a bouquet of tulips, her favorite flower, and she came. I finally heard her voice once again. I wanted to turn around and hug her, but I couldn't let her see me. Not now. I heard footsteps coming, so I ran away from her; even my heart was saying the opposite. I left. I went back to Amsterdam to do my other business. I couldn't let anyone suspect that I was flying to New York. I couldn't let her be in danger. But when I returned to New York, her apartment was empty; I tried finding her for months, and then one day, I had already hired an investigator. He found her. I asked him to follow her, to know her whereabouts, and that's how I learned about Chrome's condition.

I've known Chrome; at the same time as I've known her. They are one of our university's well-known students in the Business Department. I always heard about them, how close they were, and even heard rumors that they were in a relationship and were getting married. I had always heard about them, and I was curious about them. Still, I actually never saw them because our department buildings are at each end of the university, making it impossible for me to stumble upon them. But then I saw them, her, during the pageant I never wanted to join. She is gorgeous, elegant, intelligent, hot, and everything you could describe as a perfect woman—an angel. But so does he, and that made felt little. I saw how he looked at her, how soft he talked with her contrary to what he was known, and touched her like he was handling precious porcelain; I saw how much he loved her. That was a punch to myself because even if I wanted to come near and introduce myself, I couldn't. That night, I couldn't focus on the competition because all that was running in my head was her. I lost the title, but it felt like I won when I finally met her. I asked my friends about her, and the more I learned about her, the more I fell for her. But I know I wouldn't be able to go even near her because of Chrome; his name was always followed after her name and vice versa. The good news is they are not in a relationship, but the bad news is they couldn't even get separated, so I woke up from my dream and tried to forget her. But one day, our fate got entangled; I saw her in the cinema alone. I took all my courage to go near her and introduce myself.