Fated (Her POV)

Sophia Khione Rodriguez's Point of View

I'm on my way to Matthews's condo, my boyfriend, here in Amsterdam. I'll be surprising him for our 5th Anniversary. Due to his work, he has been busy these days, so we haven't talked that much like usual. He has a back-to-back project, so he is probably drowned in his work again. By the way, he is a Civil Engineer. His parents sent him to Amsterdam for a project, but the clients like him, so Amsterdam's three-month stay became a year. But after this project, he will return to the Philippines as he will start to manage their business, Manuel Building Company, one of the biggest construction companies in the Philippines and Asia. Now, they've been expanding their business in Europe. Making this projects a lot more important. Me? Well, I'm currently working at a company owned by my family's close friend, it is based in New York. I'm in the finance department; I graduated Business Management major in Finance three years ago. I previously worked under my parents' company, but I chose to stay and work in New York as I wanted to experience a normal life, even just for a while. My family is well-known in the business field, starting with my great-grandparents'. But my grandparents also built their legacy, and thus my parents. Being the only heir of the Smith-Rodriguez Corporation, my parents' business, I have to prove myself. Being a Rodriguez is a responsibility; you always have eyes on you. So, my every action should be calculated, not only thought twice.

It suddenly made me smile when I saw the ring on my fourth finger, our engagement ring. Yes, Matthew and I are already engaged. We have been in a relationship or dating stage for four years before he proposed to me last year.

~Flashback~

My friends and Matthew's friends are here in a private resort. We'd been staying here for three days, and tonight will be our last night. We happily tell stories and jokes with a bonfire in the middle, like the world is ours and we don't have any problems or responsibilities. I stood up and watched our friends; I just stared at them. My memories with them are one of the best ones; thinking about it, it made me smile; I am so thankful because I met them and they are my friends. They are one of the most important people in my life. They stayed at my side through the ups and downs, every failure and success. In short, everything. Everything in the last four years. They are one of the greatest treasures that I don't think I can afford to lose. Especially my love, Matthew. Matthew Manuel.

I am just walking while appreciating the beauty of the nature surrounding us. It's already midnight, so we can see the stars and moon as it reflects in the calm sea. I just sat at the coast and closed my eyes; I let my eyes shut until I felt that someone was sitting beside me; I checked who it was, and for an unknown reason, the person made me smile; it was the love of my life. He suddenly held my hand while his eyes were still in the night sky; I went closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. We stayed in that position with no one talking, like we captured every millisecond we were together. I always find comfort and peace when I'm with him. He is the greatest gift I have received, and I will always be thankful for him.

He suddenly pulled me to stand. I looked at him with confusion, but the only answer he gave me was a smile. A smile ensuring me that everything will be and I should just trust him. That's why I went with the flow and let him, and in just minutes, we stopped walking. He suddenly looked at me and again smiled.

"Love, close your eyes." He asked. I was about to ask why when he talked again. "Just trust me."

I slowly closed my eyes and felt his grasp on my hand loosen as I did that. I was about to open my eyes when he talked again.

"Love, just close your eyes." I heaved a sigh as I didn't know what was happening. A few more minutes pass, and all I can hear is the wave of the sea and the low sounds of movements.