#13

"Star, make it quick, I don't have time for this," Moon huffed and Star heard her moving papers around.

"I-I think I want to marry a human..." Star said nervously.

"What?!" Moon raised her voice and Star jumped.

"Y-Yeah..." Star sniffed.

"But, why? What does he have that the prince's from Mewni don't have, I mean they have magic, and they know how to rule, this little human won't know what hit him!"

"He... He has my heart, mother, I don't know how to say this..." Star whimpered, "but please, if he agrees, can we make it official? I really don't want to leave him..."

"Star, I-" Moon sighed in defeat, "very well, but at the end of the year, when you come back to Mewni, I would like to meet this, person, what is his name?"

"Marco, Diaz," Star was delighted that her mother had decided to consider it.

"And you're sure that this is a good idea," Moon groaned.

"Positive."

"Alright, well I'll call you soon, I must go and talk to everyone over this, but don't get excited, I have to meet him first," Moon hung up.

Star put her phone on the bedside table and smiled happily, at that moment, Marco burst through the door, breathless.

"Star!" He yelled, "what are you doing?! We have class!" Marco sounded furious.

"M-Marco, I had to talk to my mother, it's important."

"What? Couldn't you have waited to talk to her! We're late!"

"It's about, me becoming queen..." Star stuttered.

"Oh," Marco sat next to her, "what about becoming queen?"

"I-I" Star sighed and felt her eyes become a little watery, Marco noticed this and wiped them, "Marco, I think she may let me marry a human!"

"What!?" Marco moved away from her and threw her a shocked look.

"That's right and she wants to meet you, look, I know we are young, but I'd rather rule with you thank with a random person."

"Me, king? Really?" he frowned.

Star nodded, she expected Marco to be slightly happier.

"I don't know about that, I don't have magic, I'm not like you..." Marco sighed sadly.

"But... That doesn't matter, the blood moon!"

Marco shrugged.

"You don't have to, but just know, I'll wait," Star smiled slightly.

Marco gulped, "screw, class, I'm going to bed."

..*..

Star tried to take a nap, but she couldn't stop thinking about Marco becoming her king.

Star got up and headed over to where Marco was, his eyes were open and he was staring and the white wall.

"Marco?" Star said sweetly.

Marco turned to face her and then moved over slightly so she could climb into bed with him.

She lay down and faced him.

"Marco, you don't have to rule with me you know? It was just an offer I guess, I'll be out of your life forever soon, and you won't have to worry anymore."

Marco stayed quiet.

Star sighed, she was positive he would say yes, she had this happy little thought in her head about their wedding... Their children...