-9-

[UNEDITED]

Luna wakes up at around 9 in the morning on Saturday. When her eyes flutter open, her first thought was that she felt tired out of her mind - mentally and physically. She turns over to lay on her side, a low groan escaping her lips as she drapes an arm around her cold torso; she thought sleeping a full eight hours would make her feel better but it obviously didn't.

If it was up to her, she'd choose to stay in and sleep off every bad emotion she was feeling. But she knows she shouldn't - she learned the hard way a few months back when she was still torn from post-breakup heartbreak that jailing oneself from the world is the worst thing to do when going through something. That day, she learned just how suffocating and destructive someone's thoughts can be.

Luna shudders, not wanting to dwell on the events that took place; she was a very different person then. It was probably the darkest time of her life so far too - she had never seen Alex look so sick with concern and worry. It was a sensitive topic for them both so neither one of them ever bring it up.

It's not like Luna was back in that period again though - she actually doesn't think there would be anything bad enough to get her in that black hole again. But, definitely, she was feeling very lowly, especially with everything that's been happening recently.

Yesterday, she was humiliated in front of her class. Pia threw strawberry milkshake at Luna and she was covered with it; instead of anyone helping or standing up for her, her classmates just laughed. Except Nathan - he didn't but, for her, it seemed more distasteful that way. He didn't laugh because he knew it wasn't right yet he didn't say a word - he just tuned out from what was happening even though he was aware of what was.

Luna had to cut her Geometry class because she couldn't stand being in that room or school for another second. She walked all the way home, crying as she did so. She didn't want to see that place or the people in it for as long as she's allowed to - she was actually thinking about not coming to school the whole week next week. She's been trying to think of reasons already.

Luna sits up on her mattress; she runs a hand over her face before leaning on her palms. She felt like a mess. Her eyes were all puffy and squinted, her face felt blotchy and wrung, her head was still throbbing from last night and she felt sick. She was clearly in no mood to do anything but she still swings her legs over the edge of her bed. She grimaces when her bare feet touch the cold, wooden floorboards.

She reaches for her phone on the nightstand. When she presses on the home button, her notifications quickly appear on the screen. She had a miss call and 11 text messages from Alex sent yesterday night and early this morning at different time intervals. She opens them and begins to read.

alex s: luna

alex s: i heard what happened yesterday, i cant believe pia would do such a thing. im so sorry

alex s: luna r u ok? where r u?

alex s: hey, r u home already?

alex s: can i call u? do u want to talk about it?

you missed a call from alex s

alex s: luna, im worried. i dont mean to be pushy but i need to know ur ok

alex s: idk where u r or how ur doing but i hope uve eaten already and drank some water

alex s: hey, just trying to check up again. i hope ur ok, please reply when u see this

alex s: actually no, u dont need to. reply when u want to or when u feel like doing so, lunes :)

alex s: im here for u always ok? i know u know that but i just wanna say again that you have me