intro | ➳

It was drizzling outside when he heard that dreaded phrase:

"We're over, Johnny."

He was walking down the bustling streets trying to think of where it went wrong, why he heard the phrase:

"This isn't going to work out."

Even now as he's traveling to his friend's apartment, his mind was trying to figure out why he deserved to hear:

"Im breaking up with you."

It was if the world was ending.
If it was, Johnny had already accepted it.

At this point, he was inviting death.

But- he wasn't completely alone.

Because he- he still had a friend.

Johnny's hand was just about to knock on the door, when it opened.

"J-Jaehyun."
He stammered.

"How'd you know I would be here?"

——

Jaehyun led his friend into his apartment. The walls were muted tones of grey. It was a pretty fancy apartment, there was a wall of windows that overlooked the bright city of Seoul.

The furniture looked as if it was made by some interior designer that celebrities buy things from. It was clean cut and sort of futuristic.

The ceilings were high and the acoustics were great. Right near the wall of windows a black grand piano stood, shiny and ready to be played.

Johnny sighed as he sat down on the couch next to Jaehyun.

"Lemme guess, is this about Mari?"

Johnny dropped his head into his hands, and gave a nod.

"I told you never trust anyone who shortens their name. I mean it's by one letter too! Why not just leave it Maria?!"
Jaehyun exclaimed.

He then took another look at Johnny, head still in his hands. He looked depressed.

"But- that's not the point of why your here."
He said, and put his hand on Johnny's back.

"I- I just don't, understand..."
Johnny said.

It was in a low tone of voice, and sounded weak.

"What did I do wrong?"
Johnny began to shake ever so slightly.

"We were together for two years. I thought we were something. And now?! We're nothing."
It sounded like Johnny had to force out words.

"Can I ask you a question?"
Jaehyun asked, and for the first time since Johnny walked in, they looked each other in the eyes.

"Ok."

"When is her birthday."

"Her birthday? April twenty sixth, why do you ask?"

Jaehyun then explained to Johnny why (in his opinion) the relationship between the two didn't work out.

For Johnny was an Aquarius, and Mari was a Taurus. Those are the two's astrological signs. Aquarius and Taurus don't get along well in a relationship.

"So your saying, if I knew I was an Aquarius, and I knew she was a Taurus, I could have avoided this all?!"
Johnny said, eyes wide.

"To put it simply, yes."

"But I could have sworn we were fine..."
Johnny ran his hands through his hair.

"The question is, were you two really fine? Were you fighting constantly but just never noticed?"
Jaehyun questioned

That was when Johnny realized.
He had been lying to himself.
Pretending everything was fine.

And in that moment, he made a promise to himself.

He promised that from then on- before he decided to be friends with anyone, crush on anyone, even have coffee with anyone-

He'd make sure their zodiacs were a perfect match.