Admir It

Cr: teamkaiforever

Reader has crush on Kai but it's too afraid/shy to tell him.

End of the semester. There were exams and so many other things to think and obsess about , but instead Y/N didn’t care about any of those things. All she cared about was Kai , well more like thinking and crushing on him in silence. Which is one of the reasons why Stefan had offered to tutor her in history and pretty much every other subject. No one liked Kai very much but he still got free access to the Salvatore boarding house whenever he wanted. That’s exactly where Y/N was that day - studying with Stefan. She sat on the ground resting her back against the sofa with a text book in her hands. Flipping page after page pretending to read , it wasn’t like she wanted to pretend. It kind of just happened on its own.  Every time she closed her eyes Kai’s face popped behind her eyelids. None of her friends could figure out how she could fall for him of all people. In their eyes he wasn’t a good person and was definitely not good enough for her. Only the heart wants what it wants. Somehow in all those years , he had been the first one to stir something inside her. There had been other boys she liked but it had never felt this way. All she could do was think about him. Dream about him. Kai was constantly in her mind no matter if she wanted him gone or not. He had her completely under his spell , only there was a problem. Y/N was shy and was too afraid to tell Kai about any of this. Chances were he was going to reject her. 
“Hello ? Earth to Y/N.” said Stefan waving his hand in front of her face snapping her back to reality. “You spaced out again , didn’t you?”
“No.”
“Right.” he trailed off. “You are going to flunk the exams if you don’t stop thinking about him.”
“I am not thinking about him!” snapped Y/N , a sigh leaving her lips a moment later. “Sorry. I - I didn’t mean for it to come out like that. It’s just…”
“You like him but you are too scared to tell him.” he finished for her. 
Y/N nodded. Kai could have anyone he wanted. It was enough for him to smile at any girl and she’d swoon instantly. Y/N always did. His eyes , his smile , his dimples always made her so weak.
“Maybe I can help.” he offered. “I can ask him , you know test the waters for you.”
Y/N turned towards her friend. Stefan had the best intentions , she knew it but it just didn’t seem right. She wasn’t in 2nd grade anymore , she was in her senior year of high school. Asking someone to ask the person you have a crush on if they have a crush on you was just … childish.
“No. You don’t even like him or approve of me liking him.” she stated flipping another page by habit. Stefan reached his hand taking the text book out of her hands. Y/N didn’t protest. “Also he is going to laugh at me. He said it himself - he is not burdened by emotions like love. I’m perfectly fine crushing in silence.”
Stefan studied her face. He didn’t have to be a vampire to know she was anything but fine crushing in silence. Y/N needed someone to intervene for her , other ways if Kai found someone else , she’d be crushed.
“Oh-kay. Do you want a sandwich ?”
“Grilled cheese please.” she smiled. Stefan mouthed ‘Okay’ and headed towards the kitchen. Y/N took back her history text book and started reading , for real this time. Stefan was right. She’d flunk her exams if she didn’t focus. A few minutes later just as Y/N had finally managed to concentrate , the large front door opened. The girl hadn’t even noticed someone had walked into the house until that someone sat on the sofa and leaned in to see what she was reading. Y/N felt someone’s breath on her neck and turned her head finding Kai’s face barely two inches away from hers.
“Hi.” said Kai grinning. “What are you up to ? You didn’t even look up when I walked inside. Its hurtful.”
“I … I um…” she stuttered. “I’m studying.”
“Can I help ?” he asked. “Its been a while but I am sure I can be of use. Also I’ve been told I am an excellent tutor.”
“By who?” she wondered. Y/N would’ve said YES in the blink of an eye , if she hadn’t been this shy. Even though she was pretty sure Kai being her tutor would be more than distracting. He was a distraction even when he wasn’t around and him standing this close to her , with his hand on her shoulder had completely thrown her off balance. His blue eyes sparkled more than usual and his smile took her breath away. That day he was wearing gray jeans with a dark blue t-shirt and a black jacket. His hair was a bit longer and Y/N fought the urge to run her fingers through it, not that she would’ve been able to do more than to raise her hand and stand frozen contemplating what it would feel like without actually doing anything.
“Here’s your sandwich.” said Stefan landing a plate with grilled cheese on the coffee table. His eyes darted between Y/N and Kai. At the moment Y/N had turned towards Kai and he could feel her hyperventilating at the sight of Kai standing this close smiling at her.  "Why are you here ?“
Kai looked away from Y/N giving her the chance to look away. Her gaze fell on the sandwich and all of the sudden she didn’t feel all this hungry. From the place Kai had put his hand on her shoulder it felt as if electricity had started pulsating in her bloodstream. Her heart was beating faster than ever and she was pretty sure she had been holding her breath for the past 5 minutes. It seemed as if the room had gotten hotter only it hadn’t. It was the feeling of her skin being on fire because of Kai.
“Oh I was just walking by , thought why not drop in and see what my friends are up to.” said Kai amused. “Maybe I can help with the tutoring.”
“We are not you friends.” said Stefan glancing at Y/N who seemed frozen , her eyes focused on the plate in front of her. Kai had placed his hand on her shoulder and Stefan could hear her heart beating way too fast , causing her cheeks to turn red. “And I’m perfectly capable of helping Y/N with her exams on my own. Thanks. Why don’t you find someone else to torment ? Like some innocent sorority girl or a cheerleader?”
Y/N suddenly got up , Kai’s hand falling from her shoulder. Quickly she gathered her things and shoved them in her messenger bag. She ran roughly her fingers through her hair turning towards Stefan and avoiding looking at Kai completely.
“Sorry. I - I have to go.” she mumbled not even bothering to take the snack Stefan had made her. A moment later she was out the door.
“What did I do to her?” wondered Kai looking after Y/N. It appeared as if she was trying to win a marathon or something , nearly smacking her face into the door before opening it. “Every time I am around she just ups and leaves or acts super weird. What did you tell her about me ? Or should I ask my two biggest fans Bonnie and Damon?”
Kai reached for the plate but Stefan slapped his hand away. “Rude.”
Stefan grinned at him , taking a bit from the grilled cheese.
“That’s just the way she is.” he said.
“No. It’s not.” said Kai. “Last time I saw her , we were at the Grill and she nearly smacked her nose a wall and almost broke it in her hurry to get away from me. I don’t see her running away from any of you like that. Y/N didn’t even say goodbye to me.” sighed Kai with a note of hurt in his voice.
Kai couldn’t figure out what was wrong. The more he thought about it , the more he thought it hadn’t been something he had done , which meant someone had said something to her. Y/N was one of the few humans left in the group. It was why he liked her. She had a chance at a normal life. Well as normal as her life could be with vampires , witches and werewolfs as her best friends. He wanted to be her friend too. There was something about her that was drawing him in. He could tell she wasn’t like her friends , but each time she acted like this it made him feel weird - sad and hurt. He hated that feeling.
“Look what the cat dragged in.” said Damon walking into the house with Elena on his arm. “What ? No cheerleaders to play with ? Get out.”
“I am not going anywhere until someone tells me whats up with Y/N.” insisted Kai. “Why is she acting like this around me?”
“Y/N likes you.” said Elena smiling. “As if it isn’t obvious by the way her cheeks blush every time you are around or anyone mentions your name. Not to mention how she just can’t stop talking about you. Bonnie can’t stand being around her anymore.”
“I don’t know why Y/N would even look at you , let alone like you.” added Damon. “You are the most awful person in the world.” he grinned.
Elena punched her boyfriend’s forearm. “Damon ! Don’t say that … in front of him.”
“What do you mean she likes me?” wondered Kai. Everything after Elena had said Y/N likes him had somehow gotten lost on the way to his ears. 
“Ugh , I know its been 18 years for you and clearly you are out of practice when it comes to girls.” groaned Damon. “But its so obvious even Miss Cuddles sees it and her brain is made out of cotton. Y/N has a crush on you.”
Stefan stood there , finishing his grilled cheese and trying to figure out how to stop what was happening in front of him Y/N had specifically said ‘no’ when he had offered to intervene on her behalf.
“Would you two stop talking?!” he said. “Y/N would find a way to kill all of us if she figures out any of us spilled about it.” 
“I’m not going to tell her. Are you?” asked Damon pointing at Elena , who shook her head. He turned towards Kai next. “Now you know. Get out of my house.”
“Why wouldn’t she just tell me?” thought Kai out loud.
“Because she is shy , specially when it comes to boys even more if she likes the boy.” said Elena softly. Out of everyone she seemed to have the nicest attitude towards Kai , even though he knew she didn’t like him either. “Also probably thinks you don’t like her back and doesn’t want to get hurt.”
“I … I think I might like her back.” whispered Kai , everyone stared at him the same way they had when he had stabbed Jo at the wedding. Elena and Stefan struggled for words. Only the eldest Salvatore seemed to be able to speak.
“Get out.” said Damon pouring himself a drink. 
“Alright alright… I’m leaving.” said Kai raising his hands in defence. “By the way - your house is not that cool now. I liked it better in 1994.”
Damon threw one of the sofa pillows at Kai , missing him by a few seconds as Kai left the house. He walked around the front yard , his hands in his pockets kicking in a small stone on his way. Y/N’s friends wouldn’t lie to him , at least thats what he thought. Either way he intended on finding out if it was true. When Elena had said Y/N likes him , something weird had happened with Kai’s heart - it had stopped for nearly half a minute. And he had felt this weird warm fuzzy feeling spread through his body. 
“Emotions … ” he muttered. “Why do they have to be so hard ?”