Staring

You wake up in the middle of the night and catch Kai staring at you

For the last couple of nights, you had a feeling like someone’s eyes were strongly focused on you. Even in your sleep you felt it, but you weren’t paying too much attention just because Kai had his arms around you and you knew you were safe and that there was nothing you needed to worry about. It was fine.

‘You’re so beautiful.’ Kai whispered, watching how beautiful you looked when you were sleeping. Peaceful. A smile was on his face the entire time. He was the one who’s been watching you. He would wake up in the middle of the night and watch you sleep and remember how lucky he is. You squirmed a little bit and opened your eyes, only to find Kai looking at you with a gentle and genuine look.

'Kai’ your voice was raspy, yoir eyelids fighting to be closed again, but somehow you managed to keep them opened.

'I’m sorry, did I wake you up?’ Kai whispered and caressed your soft cheek gently.

'No, don’t worry. Why… why are you awake?’ Kai just smiled and kissed your lips gently, ready to tell you why was he so mesmerized by the way you slept.

'I’m just… enjoying my view. I’m sorry if you think this is creepy, but I can’t help it.’ He whispered, your muth forming into a smile, thinking how this is both funny and cute. Instead of sleeping, he woke up just to watch you sleep.

'No, it’s fine, bur have you been doing this every night?’ Your eyes were focused on Kai’s blue ones. Even with only moonlight shining on his face, you could perfectly see their color and he looked more beautiful than ever.

'Just for the last couple of nights.’ You laughed quietly and came closer a little bit, his palm pressed against your cheek.

'Why?’ You asked, still not completely clear why was he doing this and deep down you were dying to know why would Kai Parker do such a thing.

'You’re gonna make me say, aren’t you?’ You nodded and smiled making Kai blush a little bit.

'Because… I love watching you sleep. It's… really calming and peaceful and seeing you breathing, your chest rising up and down, knowing you’re still alive and here beside me makes me really happy and when you’re dreaming about something, sometimes a small smile forms on your face and it looks adorable. That kinda stuff just reminds me of how much I love you and how much it means that you’re here with me.’

You smiled again, unsure what to tell him because that was the cutest things he’s ever said to you and it made you indescribably happy.

'Is that cheesy?’ He asked, his palm still caressing your cheek gently.

'Very cheesy.’ He laughed and hugged you tightly, your warm body close to his. 'But I love it.’ You pulled away a little bit, just to be able to look him in the eyes, but still be close to him.

'I love everything you said because stuff like this really surprise me when you say them and it just adds another thing on the list of things I love about you, but it is super cheesy and romantic.’ You both laughed as Kai pulled you closer again, wrapping his strong arms around your body.

'You’re everything I need. If I have you, I’m happy.’ He whispered, making you smile but unable to see it because your head was pressed against his chest.

'I love you Kai.’ You lifted your head up just enough to connect your lips with Kai’s. 'Love you too.’ He whispered and kissed you again. He kissed every part od your face, from your lips to your cheeks and forehead, making you laugh. This was the side of Kai no one but you knew it exists. It was a little secret between you and Kai. Kai who at that moment wouldn’t hurt anyone. He was just a gentle person who wanted to kiss you all night and make sure you knew how much he appreciates you and how much you make him happy.