Rain

Kai admitting his feelings whilst you drive him home.

“Y/N, can you please take your lover boy home.” Damon groaned referring to Kai who was currently sitting opposite him. 

You and Kai had been a thing for a while but neither of you had made it official. You knew you had feelings towards him but you didn’t know if his feelings were equally as strong. 

Kai glanced over at you as you entered the room that the two of them were sitting in. “Can’t he walk home?” you sighed as you stood in the door way. 

“It’s pouring it down with rain and to be honest I’d rather spend some time with you.” Kai said, grinning at you. 

Damon looked at you with pleading eyes, clearly not wanting to spend another second with the heretic. 

“Ugh, fine.” you sighed in defeat knowing Damon would keep begging. “Come on.” 

Kai stood up gleefully as you grabbed your car keys off the counter. “Same time tomorrow?” Kai said, turning to Damon. “I’ll pass.” Damon said as he stood up, pouring a bourbon. 

You chuckled at Damon and you pushed the large wooden door open as Kai followed closely behind you. 

Both you and Kai got in the car and you buckled your seat belt before noticing Kai hadn’t. 

“Kai, seat belt.” you said looking over at him. “You do realize I can’t die. Especially not in a car accident.” he chuckled. 

“Yeah and I’m really not in the mood to get pulled over. So I’ll say it again, seat belt.” you said as Kai held his hands up in surrender and he pulled his seat belt over his torso. 

“Thank you.” you sighed as you started up the car. 

“So how’s your day been?” Kai said in an attempt to start up a conversation to help break the silence. 

“Pretty dull, when everyone’s not hating you there’s not much to do.” you said glancing over at Kai who was looking out the window. 

“Thank you.” he said looking over at you as you scrunched your eyebrows together. “For not hating me.”

He gave you a small smile which you returned. You were the only person who didn’t hate him and because of you he didn’t hurt your friends and your friends didn’t hurt him. 

“It’s nothing you don’t deserve.” you sighed, smiling at him. 

“Pull over.” he said looking over at you. 

“Kai it’s pouring down with rain, we’re not pulling over.” you said, acting as if Kai was a 5 year old. 

“I need to tell you something.” he sighed looking over at you with pleading eyes. 

You sighed and pulled over onto the side of the road and since there was no cars around it made it a lot easier. 

“Get out the car.” Kai said unbuckling his seat belt as you looked at him with a cocked eyebrow.

“We’re in the middle of a thunderstorm and you wanna stop and feel the rain?” you said with a chuckle as Kai’s hand landed on the door handle. 

“Please for me.” he said as he looked at you with puppy eyes that you couldn’t resist. 

You groaned as you opened the door, the cold drop hitting against your face lik bullets. You made your way around the car to Kai who was standing there waiting for you. 

“What did you want to tell me then?” you asked as he looked down at you, his big blue eyes locking onto yours. 

“I think I’m in love with you and I’m terrified.” he breathed quickly and you could feel your heart rate quicken. Kai Parker, loved you.