Jekyll and Hyde (1)

You were at a party sponsored by your employer. Working as a medicinal chemist had perks, this was not one of them. You hated these stupid things but at least some people weren't total arrogant jerks. You were going around being introduced to several scientists, and other business people, by your boss.

You walked to a tall man with thick, short brown somewhat messy hair, emerald eyes, and wearing a very nice suit.
Your boss shook his hand then turned to you,
"(y/n) meet Dr. Jekyll."

"Pleasure to meet you, Dr. Jekyll."  You said as he took your hand.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine." He remarked while kissing your hand.

Normally at something like this you'd be rolling your eyes and going somewhere else. But he seemed like he didn't just want to get in your pants.

"Sorry (y/n) I have to go attend to something. I have no doubt Dr. Jekyll will keep you entertained."
————
"So (y/n) , what got you into medicinal chemistry?"
You were standing on the balcony with him as he asked you questions about yourself.
"Oh well, I really want to help people and I love chemistry and medicine. It was the best option and something I felt I would love to do. What about you?"

"I think I have an amazing discovery.  If you would indulge me, my hypothesis is that if we can separate the good of man and the bad then we could eliminate the bad forever. Mankind would be forever changed for the better."

Your nodding from the indulge me question changed into a furrowed brow,
"That's a very good idea but how do we eliminate the bad? You're basically inducing DID but trying to separate the two as if it was really the same person.  Everyone's good and bad is part of them. We can't help it but we have to trust people to not act on the bad. It's difficult to watch people do bad things but, we have to help all those we can."

You heard him groan some while you were speaking, you weren't sure why though. Sometimes dudes just groan.

You turned and the man was now angrier looking. His skin was almost a light green color, his face contorted into one of lust, anger, adrenaline. (Kind of like the abrasive sponge episode of Spongebob)

"Hello, (y/n)."

His voice was deeper and he looked different.
You cautiously stepped back looking him up and down,
"Hello. Are you alright?"

He wriggled his body like he was adjusting himself,
"Better now. It's funny. You think we aren't the same person."

You slowly pieced one and one together, coming to an unnerving realization,
"Wait, did you experiment on yourself? Dr. Jekyll that's dangerous."

"My name is Hyde. Edward Hyde."

"Hello, Hyde. I guess you're supposed to be the more repressed side of Dr.Jekyll."

"You suppose? Can you not tell?"

"No. Not really. You're still as handsome as before. You just look agitated and, well, green. Like I said before, the bad is a part of us so naturally it will portray itself similarly. Can you tell me why?"

A light blush appeared on his cheeks before he shook his head vigorously. Seems he isn't used to compliments in either form.

"I'm getting impatient with this small talk. I should kill you. I am the more temptation and aggressive side of Jekyll."

You were still relaxed, leaning against the wall, arms crossed,
"You won't though."

He stepped towards you,
"How are you so sure?"

"If you wanted to, you would've by now. I just met both of you but I have a feeling you're scared of Jekyll."

He looked shocked,
"Excuse me!? How??"

"He can cut you off. By suicide. So if you do something like kill me then I have a feeling he'd cut you off."

"How do you know that?"

"I'm a scientist like Jekyll. I also have a degree in psychology. It's kinda my backup job."

"How do you feel about my vanilla counterpart?" Hyde stared at you intently as he asked.

"I don't know. You both are very intriguing."

"Both?"

"Yeah. Just because you're supposedly all of Jekyll's worse parts doesn't mean you are bad. Everyone has some bad. Up to them what they do with it. I push all my anger towards my work so I can help others." You looked out at the vast sky above you. The stars in the sky twinkling under the full moon.

"You have a very optimistic view of the world."

"Yeah. You have to or else you're gonna be miserable your whole life. Tell me, Edward, how long have you been a physical part of Jekyll?"

"A few days. He isn't quite used to me yet.

"Is it similar to DID, or do you both share memories?"

"We both share memories to a degree. I remember his conversations and feelings with people he meets if there's a strong enough connection between them. Not always though."

You turned to face him, looking him directly in the eyes with a raise of your brow, "Can you form your own feelings or are you all anger, Mr.Hyde?" You weren't trying to flirt per se, but I mean you were flirting let's be honest here. Hot doctors with an evil side? Actually, you thought it might not be the best idea to flirt with him.

"Oh, I have my own feelings. Most of them are anger or similar to it though." Was he flirting back??

You decided to push your luck. You walked towards him, away from the wall, the slit in the bottom of your dress showing the majority of your leg when you moved. You stood right in front of him,
"Well, tell me, what are you feeling now?"

He looked you in the eyes, contact never fading,
"I think that's yet to be determined."

"Hm, good to know."

"While I think on that, I'll let ol goody two shoes back on the steering wheel."

You saw his posture and overall appearance change quite drastically from what it was moments ago.

"I'm so sorry you had to see that. You probably want nothing to do with me now." He turned to walk back inside but you stopped him,

You laughed lightly, easing the mood,
"I don't mind honestly. It's quite interesting, to say the least. I admit it was a bit startling at first but Hyde doesn't seem as bad as you'd think."

"Well, I've not gotten quite used to him yet but so far he's been a bit of a troublemaker. He yells a lot but was surprisingly calm with you. To be honest I'm not sure why?"

Your boss came back to you and told you goodnight.

"Hey, (y/n) ?" Dr.Jekyll came up to you.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to go out sometime? As a scientist and someone who doesn't mind my alter ego I feel it would be nice to get to know you better."

You inwardly smiled at the score,
"Sure. I'll give you my number."

You wrote down your number and bid him farewell.

This will be interesting, to say the least.