Dinner and Date (2)

You awaited his call as you were sitting at home reading a book. You went to brush your teeth when you heard the phone ring. You ran to it, nearly tripping in the process, and picked up,
"Hello?"

You heard the person on the other side let out a breath,
"Greetings. It's Henry Jekyll."

You twirled your hair as you brought the phone to your couch. You messed with the bookmark in your book.

"Oh! What's up?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to come to dinner at my house tomorrow night?"

You haven't had a date in years. Work has been your main priority. Safe to say that you were excited.

You tried to play it cool but most definitely did not,
"Sure. 6pm?"

"It's a date."

He hung up and you decided to see what you had to wear. Your closet wasn't bare but it wasn't too full. You found a nice fitting black dress, not too flashy, and decided on that. You spent the rest of the day watching tv before going to bed.

6pm rolls around the next day and you're ready. He knocks on your door, you told him the address when he called you a few hours ago, and went with him to his house.

His house was very nice, the inside was mainly a dark red color scheme with leather furniture.

He brought you to the dining area and spoke,
"Have I told you that you look riveting tonight?"

You blushed lightly,

"Why thank you. You look very handsome."

You two were eating dinner and making small talk when suddenly you saw that previous change from the party again. He turned more aggressive, abrasive and angry.  Also noticeably more green.
"Ah. Good evening, Edward. I was wondering if you'd show up tonight."

He looked at you with what you could only assume was lust or thats just how his face looks,
"(Y/n)"

"Any reason in particular you decided to pop out?"

He took a sip of champagne and pulled his tie a little looser,
"Well, if you want to see the real Jekyll then you must see me more."

You leaned forward, tits coming outta the dress a little.
"How do other people see you, Mr.Hyde?"

"A monster."

You swirled your champagne in your glass and raised a brow,
"Why?"

He sat a little taller but you swore you could see something... sad under his facade.
"Because I am a monster. I'm not ashamed of it. I take pride in the fear I instill in people"

You put your hand over his lightly,
"You aren't a monster, Edward. You really aren't all that bad from what I've seen."

He pulled his hand away. Not out of hatred, but out of fear,
"You don't know what I've done or you wouldn't be saying that."

You left your hand near his in case he needed it,
"Well, what have you done?"

"I've nearly killed people. 4. To be exact."
You gasped. Out of all the things he could've done that really is a number one spot on the "really bad" list.
You attempted to keep your cool,
"Nearly? What stopped you?"

He walked towards you and cupped your cheek,
"I didn't want to disappoint you. Every time I stopped from killing them, Jekyll immediately took over. He fought really hard up until then to regain control. It seems we both don't want to hurt you."

"That is very sweet. I know it is in your nature, but please don't hurt anyone. I cannot stand seeing others hurt. That is all I ask of you."

"(Y/n), we both care for you greatly, and I have never felt like this before. When I'm with you I feel something...new. It's not a feeling of anger.
It's seems more like what I would assume is happiness?"

You pondered what he said. Could he feel love? Happiness? After all, he is supposed to be all the bad parts of Jekyll. Either way, you wanted to make sure he made it through this.

You ran your hand through your hair,

"Can you feel? Sorry if that's a bit blunt. I just have no clue about what you can feel if you are supposedly the evil side of Jekyll?"

Hyde looked away for a moment,

"Yes. I believe I can. I'm fairly new the the whole 'feeling' thing. All I know is that you make my head spin."

His posture changed as you assumed Jekyll took control. His face turned softer.
He looked away, afraid to make eye contact,
"Sorry about that, (y/n)."

"Don't worry. How about I start working with you to find a cure? It's not like we'd be killing Hyde. After all, he is a part of you. He'd just return to you."

He sighed,
"You don't need to get involved in this. It isn't your problem. I got myself in this mess."

You took his hand in yours and turned his head to face you,
"Henry, I don't need to get involved. I want to."

"If you insist, but don't say I didn't warn you."

You followed him to his lab, which was larger than the house's size would convey. He had numerous broken vials, and it was frankly a mess.
Grabbing a broom from the corner, you started cleaning the broken glass and various liquid still somewhat in them.
You saw him leaning against the door frame. You decided to speak up,
"What? You cannot expect me not to want to clean this mess. You can't work like this, Henry."

He laughed, for the first time since you met the man,
"I suppose not. Thank you. You seem more than willing to help me and keep me safe. That's more than I could ask of you, but nevertheless, I'm thankful."

You smiled, dumping the contents of the dustpan into the trash,
"You're welcome. Besides, if you aren't willing to take care of yourself properly then someone has to. Scientists gotta stick together. So do friends."

He cringed a little at "friends" but only because the thought of you as becoming more than that. You two met at that party, only two days ago, but you already knew more about him than most regarding Hyde. You found him more interesting than scary, again regarding Hyde. You weren't happy about the near killings, but as long as he didn't go through with it then you could work with him.

After you finished cleaning, you spoke,

"Time to get to work."

Authors note: yo sorry it's been a while. I wasn't expecting on continuing this for a while but someone commented asking me to so I thought, "why not." Hope y'all enjoy. Have a great day!!!