Moving.

~2 days later~

~Mona~

It was around 10pm the night before I was being forced to move to Seoul. I was just going through my final check list, checking all of my stuff was packed away ready to be either taken with me or eventually sent to me once I had settled.

I had already said my goodbyes to my friends at college which pained me to do so, although I didn't tell them that my mother was my reason for leaving. Instead I told them my Uncle JYP had offered me a job. Yes, I called the JYP 'Uncle,' my father was his first employee when he started JYP Entertainment and they had been friends for years before then so we was very close with him. He was honestly kind enough to give me a job, I now worked as a music video actress and I was awaiting a K-Drama offer to come up. Which Uncle said that he believes he had found one that I would be perfect for already. I was so thankful to finally be acting properly, since that's what I had gone to college for anyway. Dancing and singing were more like hobbies and side activities I enjoyed.

I had told my friends goodbye the other day when we had completed our last exam, which afterwards they kindly took me out of a goodbye dinner. I'm 100% sure I messed up on my exam though which was horrible to think.

~flashback~

I was stretching in the waiting studio where I was surrounded by all the other students. Since my last name was Moon, there was still a few more 'M' surnames and then everyone else from 'N'-'Z' waiting with me. It wasn't too cramped in here thankfully but I still felt stifled from my nerves.

Soon my name was called and I exited the waiting studio and entered the performance studio. There I was faced with 4 examiners, all looking very stone faced. Fuck. Didn't swear often but right now it seemed appropriate. I took a deep breath and tried to clear my mind of everything apart from the routine. I took my position and began my dance.

As soon as the music began my mind became clouded with new nerves, not about this exam but about moving to Korea.

I know my brother was there and I knew some JYP artists already but I didn't truly know anyone or my way around. My mothers word kept repeating in my head.

She should be more like my darling Melody. It wasn't the first time she had compared me to my sister. It was common for her to do so, it hurt whenever she said it. It hurt knowing my mother most likely wished she had only had my siblings and not me.

No money from us anymore, she can find her own job and home. This also haunted my thoughts, I had of course saved money over the years but not enough for a home and such. I needed to stop thinking, I could tell I was messing up slightly. Be better Mona! I chanted to myself, continuing the routine.

~End of flashback~

I had definitely messed it up. I failed and I didn't know what to do. I couldn't retake the year since I would be in Seoul. I sighed sadly and slumped on my bed, pulling out my phone. I looked through my photos, trying to find a photo to post on Instagram, I stopped scrolling noticing one of my family. It was my birthday, my mother and father, surrounded my siblings and I. We was all smiling. What a bunch of lies. I remember before we took this my mother had told me I had put on weight and that I shouldn't eat any dessert, which had hurt me so much.

I hadn't spoken to my mother since she told me I had to move. She seemed surprised that I didn't try to argue back and stay but I already knew there was no use in trying with her.

I shook my head and continued scrolling, this time seeing a photo of my best friend Liam from college. It was from my goodbye meal, and my friend Laura had insisted in taking 400 photos. I switched my apps to Instagram and uploaded the photo wth the caption 'will miss him deeply♥️.' I had known Liam since I was 15, we had studied together for our exams often. From the fact I failed, you can tell we mainly spent our time talking about whatever music videos had just came out or whatever had been in TV the previous night.