Heart.

~Hyunjin~

"Hyunjin, whilst the girls are preparing for bed, may I have a word?" Mona's father asked me.

"Y-Yes Sir. Of course." I said panicking slightly.

We walked onto the patio that over looked the ocean, the view was peaceful but the atmosphere was far from it. I was terrified of what Mr. Moon was going to say to me.

"So I wanted to talk to you, one on one." He said looking directly at me.

"That is understandable Sir." I said trying to not let my voice sound shaky.

"So as you may have realised, Yung-Mi is a strong woman, who cares deeply for everyone around her, but she hides pain from people at times, she's afraid she may bother someone with her own issues. She forces her slept to remain 'proper' and mature which is how her mother Amelia and I raised her, but we want her to still live and have fun. She's young and I want her to love life, I never got to when I was young and I regret it deeply. I need her to have fun and live whilst she can because things are going to get difficult for her soon, and I need you to be there for her. If you aren't going to stick by her whilst things are hard, I suggest you leave right now. She will need piecing back together afterwards too and if you can't show her how to have fun and live after then I don't think you should be with my MiMi."

"I meant every word I said earlier Sir. This isn't two kids messing around, I mean it when I say I love her. I will never leave her, but I must ask Sir. What do you mean things will become difficult? How can you know?" I said out of confusion.

"Well here's where we get serious....Mona doesn't know these things..." Chin-Wa began explaining

~Mona~

I watched Hyunjin and my father walk onto the patio and I headed up to 'my room' and I began looking threw my draws for some pyjamas.

"Mona...? May we speak?" My mother suddenly asked after lightly knocking on the door.

"Yes mother." I said and she entered the room and sitting down on the large bed.

"I just wanted to say that I really like Hyunjin, he's a nice addition to the family...."

"Thank you, I'm glad you like him." I blushed slightly.

"I..erm, also wanted to say that if you truly love him, don't you dare let him go. Even for a second." My mother said with her voice laced with sadness. "I loved someone once and I let them go, I've regretted it ever since."

I was shocked at my mother's words, they seemed truthful and heartfelt. Something I had never experienced from speaking with her before. I stood up from my kneeling position in front of the drawers and I sat on the bed next to my mother.

We had never had the typical loving mother-daughter relationship where we open up to one another, where we speak about out thoughts, feelings and experiences.

"What happened?" I questioned not knowing what she would say back.

"It was when I was young, I was 19 so around your age. I had met a boy in school but hadn't dated him until years after we left, his name was Drew and yes he was a bit of a trouble maker during school. He was always told off in school but it wasn't for anything serious, it was just for messing around in class and what not. He treated me so well and I wanted to marry him, he didn't have the highest paying job, far from it but I didn't care. We didn't need money to be happy. My parents didn't approve him, they said he was the reason I was 'hard to control' and they wanted me away from him. After a while of us arguing about the subject they agreed to approve him if we passed a test. I thought how hard could it be so I agreed too."

"What was the test?" I asked not understanding.

"I had to break up with him for 1 week. I could tell him it was for a week of course and if he remained well behaved and stayed out of trouble for that week then I could be with him. I could move with with him and lived how we wished, but during that week he got arrested in a drunken fight at some bar and my parents just said a simple 'I told you so'. They soon arranged a marriage for me and forced me to change who I was so the man would like me. I thought if I acted like a spoilt brat then surely no man would want to marry me. This man would have to refuse and I could go back with Drew." She continued.

"But my father didn't want to disappoint his parents..." I said realising.

"So he agreed. I hoped that if i continued my behaviour then he would stop it or maybe his parents would do but no one ever did. We married and had you kids, and I know I wasn't a good mother. I guess it's because this wasn't my plan, my plan was with my Drew, not Chin-Wa."

"You treated Mason and Melody well. Why not me?" I said asking the question I had wanted the answer for my whole life.

"Well I had just had you and I hadn't seen Drew in years and one day whilst I was walking around the city, I saw him. I wanted to talk to him, to explain things to him, to run away with him and bring you kids along with me but as I walked up to him another woman did too.

He looked surprised to seem me and introduced me to his fiancé Mona, it hurt to see him with another woman. Ever since then whenever I saw you, I was reminded of her. I tried changing your name but your father wanted a valid reason why and refused to accept 'I didn't like it anymore' as an excuse."

"And you couldn't say it was because of your ex' fiancé...."I said realising why my mother was the way she was.

"Exactly. I'm sorry for how I treated you growing up. I just hope you learn from my mistakes. If you see any sort of future with Hyunjin, then don't let him go." My mother smiled.

"Thank you Mum." I said and she hugged me. I honestly cannot remember the last time we hugged.

"Well I'm off to bed now. I'm sure Hyunjin will come up soon, hopefully your father hasn't scared him too much." My mother said as she exited the room.

I cannot believe what my mother had just told me. I gave my self a few minutes to process everything before standing up and heading into the bathroom to remove my makeup.

[A/N] another chapter for you all! thought i'd give you two in one day

posted :: 29.12.18