Scandals

The newly weds returned to court with a warm welcome from their friends and family. Anne plastered on a fake smile that only those who really knew her could see straight through. Her Father would question it, but assumed it was a martial spat, which he desired not to be involved with. Lord Herald was a happy man, pleased with his new wife and made sure to present his clear intentions. With two healthy sons, he did not wish for Anne to feel the pressure of having a son. Lady Mary Boleyn was envious of her sister. She now had a title, wealth and a happy marriage. Prince Henry observed from a distance as his beloved Anne put on a show for her family before makig her way over to the royal family to pay her respects and send the Queen her condolenscenes. Henry pulled her aside to have a much needed discussion. "What has the fool done to you, Anne?" The dark vixen crossed her arms. "You mean what hasn't he done, Henry."

The prince's gaze noticed no change since the last time they'd seen each other. Then it clicked, that the no change was the problem. "He never even touched me, Henry. He shares another's bed and tells me it is my job to hear & obey." Henry could not tell Anne otherwise. It was a man's right to take a mistress. "All husband's have mistresses, Anne. That is the way of life." Anne shook her head. He did not understand. "You must stay silent and endure as all wives do." Anne crossed her arms. "I am still a maid, untouched, & therefore, not his wife." Henry bliked a few times, starting to understad the problem. "He did not consummate the marriage at all?" His friend shook her head fiercly, before reaching out to pull Henry closer and whiper in his ear. "And it is not a mistress he leaves my bed for." Henry gulps at the new revelation as he backs away from Anne to look over to Lord Herald. "He shares another man's bedside, Henry. He refuses to lie with me. I can't live like this. I need an anullment. You are the only person, I know who will bring this news to the King's attention."

Henry agrees with a second thought. Anne smiles gratefully. "Thank you, Henry." He kisses her hand. "You are my responsibility, Anne. No thanks are needed. " Though before I bring this to my brother's attention. Have you thought of the benfots of this marriage that you may reep from this marriage. You may be allowed to take a lover, yourself. One to indulge upon without the worry of societal worries." Anne put her hand up to stop Henry's insinuations. "I will not mare my good name simply to make my poor excuse of a husband happy." Henry nodded, happy with her answer. This meant his Anne would remain intact for now.
---------------------
"That vile man! How could Lord Boleyn marry his daughter to such a creature!" Queen Katherine exclaimed. She orginated from a very religious background and such a thing was disgrace and the punishment for it was death. "You must end this marriage, Arthur. The poor girl should not suffer for the decisions of her husband." Arthur agreed without a doubt. "This must be done with the up most discretion. No one should know why the marriage is actually ending. We will say there was no proof of a consummation and decree the marriage null & void. Then we shall handle this matter of Lord Herald and his lover seperately." Prince Henry thanked his brother for his swift decision. The news of the anullment circulated fast around court and brought Lady Anne to the center of attention. She was now known for being the all mighty virgin, which made her a cultivation amoungst men.

Her Father was shipped away to France to make negotiations on the King's behalf to give his daughter some room to breathe. In the time that he was gone Lord Herald, along with Sir Raymond were sent to the scaffold for their crimes of passions. Prince Henry found himself engaged to a spanish bride, despite the protest of Queen Katherine. And Anne found herself back at square one.