The Valued Traits of A Wife

"I gave you everything you asked for and asked for one thing in return: Loyalty." Dark hair swung around as Anne gazed upon her Queen. "And I have been loyal." Sofia laughed like a mad woman. "Did you really, Lady Boleyn? I cannot bring my husband to love me because he loves another...you." Anne gave the young monarch an unsure expression. "I did not betray you. You knew of his majesty's affections, yet still you sent to his bed. Everything that has become of myself and the king is because you allowed it to happen." Sofia's hand suddenly collided with Anne's cheek. Shock waved over Anne as her hand pressed against her burning cheek. Processing what occured, Anne's eyes burned with fury as she sent daggers in Sofia's direction. "I belong to the King. You cannot touch me." Queen Sofia lost all doubt of her actions as her arms crossed over her cheeks. "You are a sexual servant of my husband. Nothing more than a mere whore."

Surprised by all her the Queen's claims and actions, Anne stood silent. They were friends once upon a time, but none of that seemed to matter at the moment. As she observed Sofia all Anne thought about how Queen Sofia's actions reflected upon the reputation of the King. "You must gain control of this, your majesty. The people will begin to say you're an unfilial wife." Sofia snorted, "You'd love that. Give them another excuse to have you take my place as Queen." Anne did not understand where all of this was coming from. "You are the Queen of England. You can only be replaced on pain of death. That'll never happen. Why are saying these things?" Sofia gazes off into space, wondering the same thing. The queen withered as she fell to her knees. Anne cradled her dear friend wishing Sofia told her what took place to make such a fuss.

After calming down, Queen Sofia adjusted herself, but still remain on the floor sitting next to Anne. "I wish Henry married you before I came along." Anne eyes widened, puzzled by her majesty's new claim. "Why do you wish it so?" Sofia shrugs, "His heart will never be mine and I shall die unloved." Anne said nothing because they both knew it to be true. Anne was Henry's soulmate and he was hers. Queen Sofia, like every woman Henry slept with was nothing more than a warm body to comfort Henry when Anne could not do so. Even with Anne fighting against such a pull, no one could deny what was right in front of them. However, for Anne marriage to Henry was nothing more than a fantasy. "I was not born to be a Queen, nor was I taught to live as one. I refuse to bow my head and shut my mouth for any man, king or not." Sofia chuckled, "It is we, Lady Anne, who must listen & obey." Anne joins in the laughter, "I'll listen and obey right around the same time his majesty declares his reign null and void." Sofia shakes her head. "That will never happen." Anne smirks, "Percisely."