How To Not Get Caught

Marly's arms wound around Vanessa's neck, sparing no distance as she hugged her tightly.

"Where the hell did you go?" she shouted over the sound of the roar of the heating engines.

"I'll tell ya later," Vanessa shouted back, not leaving her eyes from the scene.

Five racing cars lined the start line, revving, smoke forming from the rolling tires. There was a black dodge Challenger, a silver Toyota Supra with blue definitions on its bonnet, a neon green Honda Civic, a dark crimson colored Ford Mustang and lastly, her favourite car, the Ferrari. It was in the centre, standing its ground like the King of the jungle.

Vanessa found her voice muted, the chords of her voice box break, one after the other, at the smoldering intensity of the eyes of the driver in the Ferrari. She kept her gaze locked on his ones, steady and compelling. His eyes shone like emeralds to the bright lights, a smile tugging at his lips. In the end, he gave in and smiled, like the one he had given her in the hospital, simple and true. He winked before turning to face the isolated road stretching before them, his face turning solemn.

Her stomach did a flip, her eyes refused to look anywhere but him. She was stubborn, but her senses that had with them an intellect of their own, was a hundred fold adamant than her.

A girl, dressed in highwaisted mini skirt, a red top that was one step to being labeled a bikini top and knee high boots, marched forward, a black and white checkered flag in her right hand. She stood a few feet away from the roaring cars, eyes swept over the cars once before raising the flag high up and then down.

Like devils unleashed from Hell, the cars revved forward in full power mode. The crowd erupted in cheers, hooting, walking towards the place where the racing cars had stood initially.

"I'm going to the washroom. Five minutes, don't go anywhere," Marly said as she walked away with Jared, hands intertwined.

She had a good idea where they are heading to. A dead end.

"C'mon Eric," Jason said as he stood next to her.

"Hey," she said. The other half of the twin stood on the other side of her.

An imaginary bulb formed on her head and her face turned animated. She looked between the twins who looked at her amusedly, and pointed her index finger at them, "You both."

Slowly, they raised their hands in mock surrender. "I was not staring at you bum," Jason said, and indicated at Josh, "He did."

"What the fuck?" Josh growled, punching his brother in the shoulder. "You were the one who showed me in the first place."

Jason pushed him back, "That doesn't mean you could gawk as if she's some kinda hipper."

"You wanna fight, yeah? I'm in bitches."

"Don't blame me when I beat your ass to a pulp." Jason rolled his sleeves, his biceps distinct, they were toned and rock hard to look at.

What the hell is happening here?

"Woah, Woah, cool down," Jared interrupted, hands outstretched as he pushed the two ready-to-pounce boys away from each other. "No fights," he said, his tone that of her pudgy headmaster's. He looked towards Vanessa, eyebrows knitted in confusion, "What the hell happened?"

She opened her mouth to relate the story but stopped, her mouth shut, zipped. The main causative for the fight was a blatantly lame reason, her ass. She shook her head, "Not a creative one. Forget it."

Jared threw his hands up in exasperation. "And here I am tryna play God boy to a copy of mongrels who are clearly a mistake of human trials."

Woah, that was one depressed human being.