⤷ eight

eight.
the purest

Nothing. She hadn't found anything in weeks, which was probably why she was in the Library once again. She was staring at the picture of the couple, which was hidden in the Book that had set it all in motion. She had been reading the message over and over and she had gotten as far with her imagination that the woman was most likely going to obliviate the man, James, and she wanted him to remember a piece of her which was why she had taken the photo, which she had found out was actually a really good drawing that looked like a photo.

She decided to search through some other books, hoping to find another drawing. She looked through the rows of books and noticed a rather dusty book. She slightly ran towards it and when she opened it, she was met with disappointment. There was no drawing in it.

Looking through another row, she saw another dusty book and this time she got the right one. A paper fell out and, placing the book back on the shelf, she picked it up from the ground. On the drawing were the same woman and man, but this time there were four new faces, two older boys and two younger girls. She turned it around, hoping for another short letter from the woman, but this time it was a different handwriting, maybe the man's.

Young blood is the purest.

She thought it was a really weird message, but put it back in the book and onto the shelf. She went looking through other rows in the hope of a better message, but she sadly found nothing, so she decided that she had had enough of it for that night.

After classes the next day, Lucas and Amara were relaxing on one of the couches. They had just had a long day of mostly Charms with their new Professor, who was slowly becoming her favourite Professor.

"So, have you finally talked to Kanisha?" Amara turned towards him and, if looks could kill, he would be dead.

"No, I can't," she told him, sounding like she had told him this before, which she did, but Lucas was just too stubborn to quit.

"She'll understand if you just explain why you freaked out."

Amara sighed. "And the award for understatement of the year goes to Lucas Rodriguez."

"Amara." His voice awfully reminded her of her dad when she did something wrong, like the one time she ate all the cookies before their friends arrived. "You have to give her a chance and if you do that, then she will most likely also give you a chance."

"It are the words 'most likely' that bother me." Amara saw Lucas roll her eyes at her and she braced herself for the speech that was about to come.

"Where is the Thunderbird in you?" It was Amara's time to roll her eyes as he had asked her this so many times. "You've got to try it at least or you'll never know, alright?"

"Lucas, can you please just stop?" Amara stood up from the couch, being done with their conversation. "I'll do it when I'm ready."

Amara began walking away, while Lucas opened his mouth to speak. "Well, I can't help that you're miserable without her."

He might've thought she didn't hear him, but she did hear him and it hurt her, because it was close to the truth. She went out of the Common Room and made her way to the library.

It didn't take long for her to reach it. She walked in, searched for a random book and sat at a random table. The book she had picked was called Fantastic Beasts and where to find them. She had read it before, but she didn't bother to read it again as it was quite informative and distracted her from the real world.

"Amara, do you mind if I sit with you?"

She looked up to see Malia's sister, Electra, in front of her, which reminded her of the time Malia had spoken to her about how Electra being really distant lately. "No, go ahead."

They sat for a while in silence before Amara decided to break it. "Did you need my help with anything?"

"Well, Lucas and I have been friends since the end of last year and I think I want more, but I don't know if he thinks the same." To be honest, it shocked Amara, not because she didn't think of them as cute, but because she had been so busy that she hadn't seen all the signs.

"I think you should go for it," Amara said, remembering him being protective of Electra the last couple of weeks. "I'm pretty sure that you two would also make a really cute couple."

Electra let out a short laugh as if she was relieved that Amara had been so supportive of them. "I hope you also are okay with it, because you two are best friends--"

"Don't worry about it, Electra." Amara laughed it off, but it actually made her think of what would happen if Lucas would spent even more time with his new girlfriend.

"Alright, again, thank you."

The rest of the afternoon the girls spent their time working on their homework and discussing their favourite books. The time passed by so quickly that it made Amara think about how it used to be the same with Kanisha. But she wasn't friends with Kanisha, not anymore.

author's note !
I'm so sorry for this awfully short chapter, but I wasn't sure what else to include in it, so it ended up being quite short.