⤷ ten

ten.
the books

"You've got to be kidding me, Amara

"You've got to be kidding me, Amara." The two Thunderbirds had waited until everyone was asleep and sneaked out to the library. Kanisha had stared at the drawing with wide eyes and had turned to Amara, most likely to scold her for something she hadn't noticed.

"What?" Amara asked, taking back to drawing from Kanisha, who had rudely picked out of Amara's first.

"Haven't you payed attention to History of Magic these weeks?" Kanisha sighed as she watched Amara try to search for the right words, which she horribly failed at.

"Can't you just say what I missed?" Amara asked, slowly growing annoyed with the girl.

"Isolt Sayre, one of the founders of Ilvermorny, was in love with a No-Maj, who she needed to obliviate to protect the Wizarding World."

"James Steward is one of the other founders," Amara said, realising where Kanisha was going with the story. "A No-Maj."

Amara quickly grabbed the other drawing with the kids on it and only then realised how different the boys looked from the couple, there was almost no way that they could've been their kids. But the two girls did look like the couple, though mostly like their mother. "Those boys are the Boot children — the boys they took in — how could I not have realised this?"

"This only proves that you need me, 'Mara," Kanisha told her. Amara might've angrily reacted if she wasn't freaking out about how close they could be to figuring this out.

"And the Blood of the Young could mean maybe the descendants of Isolt and James?" Amara asked, but even as she said it, it made no sense.

"Why would they need their blood?" Kanisha asked at which Amara shrugged.

She looked at the rows of books and somewhere she knew that she had read something about needing blood from a descendant. "I think I read something about it."

"What was it used for?"

Amara put her head in her hands, closing her eyes. Suddenly she stood up and ran towards a row of books. Her hands ran over the back of the books until they stopped by a dusty book. "When I searched for other drawings, I found this book with all kinds of awful spells or curses."

"Alright, can you find the right page?" Kanisha asked, but Amara was already scanning through the pages, only stopping when she reached a page about resurrection spells.

"A resurrection spell, why would they do so secretive if they want to resurrect our founders?"

It seemed like they were missing something, the most important information of it all. Her heart began beating faster as she realised that they had no other lead to follow.

"Hey, Amara, are you okay?" Kanisha asked, putting a hand on Amara's shoulder.

"What can we do but wait until they finish? We have nothing else to follow up on, they're going to win and we don't know if it's good or bad."