Part 2: Look What You've Done to Me (10/02/18); (Edited 10/27/20)

15, end of August

15, end of August

It was three days before her departure back to New York, and for some reason, Tabitha wasn't ready to head back. So far, most of her time here in Seahill was wonderful. The people, the landscape, just about everything. Except for one person, that priest. From the beginning, he rubbed her off the wrong way. It was to the point that he implied that she was going to put herself out there like a slut. Well, maybe not that far, but he could've if he wanted to.

She was going to miss spending time with her grandmother, who made quite an exceptional company, but they did agree to start talking over the phone a bit more often. A mutual bond was created in a matter of months.

Before leaving, she wanted to head somewhere nice, relaxing before she headed back. There was a small beach within walking distance. She decided to go and maybe take pictures. Her grandmother couldn't go with her. Sonya's strength wasn't enough to make the short trip. She allowed her granddaughter to go by herself, asking that she be back before sundown. Complying, she kissed her grandmother's cheek before taking a book and camera in her small bag and headed off.

Within an hour, she had reached, taking her time to admire the nature around her. In New York, everything is hidden behind industrial buildings and acid rain. She wore a long midi dress, covered with a floral pattern that covered her up to her ankles. It was midday when she arrived on the sand. The day was a bit windy. She took her time walking along the coast, mesmerized by the water creeping up onto the shore.

The sun shone, but it wasn't too hot of a day. The sky was set to rain, but she brushed the thought off.

She spent hours on the beach, taking several pictures, and sat on some rocks watching the ocean. She also started to read her book, a Thomas Hardy classic, Tess of d' Urbervilles. It was a classic tale that she believed tests society and their treatment towards women who are met with barricades frequently in life. Tess was thrown into a cycle she couldn't control, yet somehow was forced to take the repercussions of it. Alec was a despicable character, thinking his status and money could aid for his ill desires for Tess.

As she was reading, Tabitha felt droplets of water fall on her. When she looked up, she saw the rain starting to pour. Within minutes, it started to rain hard. She quickly ran for cover. She found a small cave-like structure to go under for the time being. Unfortunately, she didn't know what time it was, no doubt her grandmother may start worrying for her.

She started shivering from the wet clothes clinging onto her, and her hair thick with water holding it down. Tabitha pondered on how she was going to get herself out of this one, but little did she know someone was coming to her aid.

She saw dark shoes at the edge of the shelter and slowly crawled over to see who it was. Looking up, she saw the face of the person whom she wanted to see the least, Stephen Foley. He was wearing a thick sweater, a long scarf around his neck; who wore a scarf in the middle of August? She allowed questions to fleet feeling some relief wash over her seeing him with an umbrella.