Chapter Nineteen: Пророчество - Prorochestvo

[WARNING: Suicidal thoughts, panic attack. Also, there is a second warning at the end. It contains a major spoiler for the chapter, but if you are worried you might be triggered by something, please read it before continuing.]

~Chapter Nineteen: Пророчество – Prorochestvo~

Being teleported from the mortal realm to Mount Olympus, the realm of the Greeks, by Artemis is one of the worst feelings in the world. While it is not necessarily painful, as it feels no worse than a mild sunburn, it feels disgusting. Because even though I have never felt slugs sliding down my back, I can only assume this is what it feels like.

I feel like I need a shower.

The moment we appear just outside the towering, vaguely familiar golden doors leading into what I believe is the throne room – it has been ages since I last came anywhere near here, so I cannot say my memory of this place is very accurate – I mentally shake off the discomfort and stand up straighter, shifting into my god form to match the size of the realm, which, unlike Perun's pocket dimension, was built for gods, not humans. After taking a moment to adjust to the sudden change in my center of balance, I walk up to the doors before either of the twins can try to force me forward. Since there is no chance I will be able to escape this place in one piece in my current state, my next best option is to bluff my way out of danger. There is no reason for me to let them know that this was not all part of some plan of mine and that I am actually terrified.

Either they will kill me in two days or Perun will arrive in time to finish the job; my death is already assured, so I just need to make it until then.

The fact that the thought of dying soon is comforting should be disturbing, but it is actually the opposite. While I am not happy about dying again, the only real alternative to death is facing many long days of torture, as there is no way I would give them information or aid them otherwise, not even under pretense. If they really wanted me dead, then I would already be back in Iriy. I can only assume that, while their intentions are not deadly just yet, they do not have my best interests in mind.

This kind of reminds me of when I ended up in Perun's house, but so much worse.

Without knocking or waiting for the wonder twins to announce me, I push the doors open and walk right into the throne room. And it actually is the throne room. Though it has been hundreds of years, it is just as disgustingly gaudy as I remember. The only colors in the entire room aside from what twins and I are wearing are gold, a rich shade of red, and royal purple. If Zeus had any sense for interior design, it might have actually looked good, but he clearly does not.

It really just looks like he is overcompensating for something.

That thought almost escapes my mouth, but I clench my teeth around the words just in time. Were the situation any different, I might have said it, but I am in his domain now, and there is a difference between lacking manners by barging into the throne room unannounced and being insulting by telling him how small his dick is. If he were anyone else, I still might have thrown caution to the wind, but considering the history of the god I would be making the comment to, there is a very high chance he might take it as an invitation to show me how wrong – or right – I am.

And then Hera would make the last two days of my life a living hell.

So, instead of making a comment that will cause me great pain, I say, "What do you want, asshole?"

Insulting, but to the point; I can multitask.

Hera, who is seated beside her husband on a cushioned throne slightly smaller than his, glares at me with unconcealed hatred. Zeus, though, in all his traditionally-garbed glory, just smiles broadly, as if my insult was pleasing. As if it was fucking cute. He runs a hand over his thick brown beard, smoothing it down a little as the grin turns into a sly smile once the moment passes.