Chapter 1. The day we met

Lance's Pov.

"Today's the day Sage! I'll be the first one of my family to go to Hogwarts. The only McClain wizard out there.. isn't that insane?!" I say excitedly as I slightly turn my head to my spirit Bunny Sage who's standing on my shoulder.

"Well Lance, you know, it gets less and less insane the more you talk about it." She teases me making me chuckle.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. This is just all so unreal.." I mumble the last part out staring back up at the train that stands in front of me.

My heart beats rapidly in my chest of excitement, my hands slightly sweaty as they hold onto my luggage.

"I hope the people in my house will like me.."

"Stop it right there Lance." Sage sighs as she nuzzles her head against my cheek.

"They're gonna love you!" She speaks excitedly making a smile creep to my face.

"I'm happy at least you like to talk to me.." I reply scratching her head.

"I know there must be a reason they don't talk to you Lance. I know they're your soulmate and all but don't let them change how you look at other people." Sage says but soon gets caught off.

"Everyone board the train now or you'll be left here at the station!" A voice hollered out as a whistle blew loudly through the station. I quickly give my luggage away before joining the crazy crowd and boarding the train, soon I start to look for a seat.

My eyes wandered into every room.

'Full
Full
Full
Full..
Full...-'

"Hey! Are you looking for a seat?" I heard a voice from behind me as a teen my age peeks his head around the corner.

My eyes meet Sage as her eyes tell me to join him while she nods her head his way.

"Yeah, I am actually, thank you!" I smile at him as I turn around and walk back to where he's at.

As I enter there are already two other people with him, already in their robes just like me. One of them with glasses and the other with a horrible, horrible mullet..

I slightly cringe at the sight but decide to ignore it, he could be a great guy for all I know.

Anyways, the one with the glasses has an Owl spirit animal and the other with the hor- mullet with the mullet.. has a Dragon spirit anim-

"Sit down! It's a long ride uh.." The guy who asked me to come over starts.

"Lance, my name's Lance." I reply quickly snapping back to reality.

"Well Lance, my name is Hunk and this is Katie, but she prefers do be called Pidge, and this is Keith." He gestures over to the both of them. Pidge waving at me with a smile while Keith just continues to look at the rain that is falling against the window, his spirit animal nuzzled into his neck fast asleep.

"Nice to meet you guys! You too.. Keith..." I said finally catching his attention.

"Oh, uh yeah, hi Lance.." he mumbled quickly not even looking at me for longer than a second.

"Well okay! Uh, this is my spirit animal Phoenix! He's a fret which makes it funny cause he's named Phoenix like a bird but he can't actually fly- anyway! Pidge, Keith.. introduce yourselves properly maybe?" Hunk suggests as he looks at them with hopeful and bright eyes, slightly leaning forward as they both sit in front of us.