Chapter 15. Maybe you're not that bad..

Lance's Pov.

"Do you guys still understand the rules concerning the dementors and the werewolf? Because I've kinda lost it." I spoke up through this silent breakfast get together before taking another bite of my meal.

"My god Lance. How many times do we have to explain this to you?" Pidge groaned out as the rest of the table chuckled.

"I'm sorry okay! I just want to make sure I understand it correctly so I can visit my family this Christmas!" I said in defense with a light chuckle of my own.

"Just make sure a legal guardian signs for the papers and you'll be fine. As I've explained before it will state the date of your departure and arrival so they'll know when you leave Hogwarts and when you'll return. Just so they know where to expect seeing you and where not." Pidge said in a very monotone voice. She's had to explain this to me over a million times because I'm just too excited and nervous to see my family again real soon.

"So if they find someone looking like you here at Hogwarts for example, they'll know it's not you and they'll catch whoever is playing pretend, big possibility being that it's the werewolf or a morphmagus. It's just someone being somewhere they're not supposed to be. Do you understand now?" Pidge asked with a huffed laugh before taking another bite of her sandwich.

"Yes, ma'am." I saluted her before shutting my mouth.

Though that didn't last long.

"Who are you guys going to the Yule ball with?" I asked disrupting the silence once more. A groan escaped Pidge's lips silently as she leaned back in her seat.

Hunk chuckled slightly at her.

"I have asked a couple of cute girls but for some reason they all just laughed at me and walked away. Someone even called me a name.. huh." I huffed out thinking of the memory before taking a sip of my drink.

"I have someone in mind but I'm not sure if she'd want to go with me." Hunk spoke up with a sheepish smile.

My eyes widened slightly as I let out a laugh, my cup connecting to the table harshly, a loud 'bonk' sounding around us.

"Hey! My man, trust me, she'll love you! What is there not to love! You're like a big teddy bear to cuddle with- not to forget, your cooking skills are amazing!- Have you guys had any of his garlic knots yet? They're absolutely amazing!! Though not as amazing as my mamá's." I said proudly as I leaned back in my seat comfortably with a smug grin displayed across my face.

"Thank you, Lance. I'll think about asking her." Hunk said with a smile.

Pidge huffed out before speaking up "I'm an independent woman, I don't need someone by my side at the ball to be happy. I have you guys to keep an eye on anyways." She pointed at both me and Keith," Knowing you and Keith you'd probably end up fighting and Hunk.." she shared a look with Hunk, turning her head to the side." Hunk would be fine but you guys need a babysitter for sure." She dragged out the 'sure', her eyes widening slightly before she simply took a sip of her orange juice.

A snort left Keith's throat before he chuckled out. Our attention on him now as he slightly covered his face to stop his laughter.

"What's so funny, mullet?"

He let out his last chuckles before wiping his eyes slightly.

"The fact Pidge thought I'd go to the ball in the first place. Absolutely hilarious. And absolutely not."

"What! Of course you're going." I said in slight shock.

"I am most certainly not."

"Yes you are-"