No One Can Know

"I-I'm sorry!!" He shouts, stepping back again. "Gerard.. what was that?" I ask him, and he shakes his head. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.." he says. I push myself off of the wall, stepping towards Gee to calm him down. He takes another step back, then bolts, leaving his phone and jacket. I watch him leave, jumping when he slams the door. I shake my head and touch my lips. He.. kissed me... I shake my head again and grab my jacket, going to leave. I remember his jacket and phone, then grab both. I feel the phone buzz slightly, then look at it, about to close it. I see a message from Gerard's brother, Mikey.

M: Gee? You ok?

I respond, to ease his brother's concern.

G: Gerard left. This is his partner, Artemis.

M: Oh! Hiya! :)

I smile slightly.

G: Nice to meet you. Im going to work now so I can give Gee his phone back

M: kk, I'll see you when I visit?

G: I'm sure you will

I close the phone, slipping it into my jacket pocket and leaving, Gee's jacket over my arm. I get into my car and head to work, my mind clouded with visions of earlier. Why woud he kiss me? I make the turn off my street and onto the main drag. Does he like me? Nonono, I doubt it. I make the left turn towards the street the precinct is on. Do I like him..? NO! I can't! He's awful! I turn into the parking lot amd slide into a spot. "God dammit.." I mumble, then get out of the car and go into the precinct. I see Gee standing at his desk with a coffee in one hand, a pen in the other, marking something on a piece of paper. I go to the breakroom and get coffee, then go sot at my desk, silent. Gee glances at me, then looks back down at his paper. I open files on my computer, turning reports in and starting a new one. I sigh, then look to Gee. "We need to pick up the brother" I say, and he glances at me again. He nods and puts down his pen, taking another sip of coffee before grabbing his jacket and heading out. I do the same, heading to my car. Before I can open the door, Gee grabs my wrist and pulls me to his, pinning me to it and trapping me between his arms. "Gerard.. what are you doing?" I ask, and he stays silent, staring down at me. I look away, slightly biting my lip. Gee swears under his breath and grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him as he slams his lips onto mine. Oh god, again.. I tense and stay still, questions flying through my head. I make my decision and hook my thumbs through his belt loops, pulling him closer. He breaks away, looking at me questioningly. "I don't care" I say, and he kisses me again, grabbing my hips roughly and pinning them to his car. I wrap my arms around his neck and tilt my head, giving him better access. He breaks the kiss again, panting slightly and staring me in the eyes. I do the same, letting my head fall onto his chest. He wraps his arms around me tightly, as if he were protecting me. "Candy.." he says, and I nod into his chest. "No one can know, not even Mikey" I nod again, then both of our hearts drop to our feet. "Well, you guys screwed that one up!"