Chapter 26

****YOU CAN FOLLOW MY TWITTER/INSTA @brittanyfust ♥****

I locked myself in my room and took an extra-long shower. When the water began to drop in temperature, I decided to dry off. I put on a pair of sweatpants and a tee shirt, and then decided to finally go into the living room.

I read a text from Lillia informing me that she was out, and I had the suite to myself. But I didn't want to sit around sulk; I wanted a distraction.

I was about to call Anastasia and Becca when there was a firm knock on the door.

"Hi," Brandon greeted.

"Hello," I uneasily replied. Being in the same room as him made me rethink my opinion about not wanting solitude...

"Can I come in?" he asked with a smile, as if everything was back to normal. "Lillia and Joey are in my room, and I felt like I was intruding."

"Oh," I answered.

"Have you been crying?" He questioned, surely referring to my blotchy eyes.

"Um, yeah," I awkwardly replied, looking away.

He tried to envelope me into a hug, but when I stepped backwards he got the hint. Instead of dropping the subject, though, he bluntly said, "I like you."

"No kidding."

"In my defense, I didn't really think you were going to kiss me back. I mean, don't get me wrong," he rambled, "I'm glad you did because--"

"Can we not talk about this?" I interrupted. "I literally just broke up with Joey an hour ago."

"Wait, you guys broke up?"

"Yeah. It turns out guys don't really like it when their girlfriends go around kissing other guys," I sarcastically replied. "Who would've thought."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know."

Instead of answering him, I uncomfortably fiddled with my phone, aimlessly sliding my fingers across the screen. Maybe Joey would text me.

"You don't meet anyone by accident, you know," he randomly said, interrupting the silence. "Everyone crosses your path for a reason."

"What are you talking about?"

"Maybe it's not a coincidence that our mom's became business partners and planned this cruise. Maybe it all happened so that we could get to know each other."

"Brandon, I really don't--"

"Do you have any raisins?"

"No?" I answered, confused. "What does that--"

"Then how about a date?"

"Brandon," I groaned. Although I secretly loved the pick-up lines, I would never admit it. "Listen, I just--"

"I know, I know. But I don't want you to give your final answer yet. Okay? Just think about it and answer me later," he reasoned. "And later can be today, tomorrow, next week, in a month... however long you need. I'll wait."

"Bran--"

"Just think about it, okay?"

"Fine."

Without furthering the conversation, Brandon helped himself to the fridge and busied himself with the TV while I read an incoming text from Lillia.