*dedication*

I dedicate Royals to:

1. Rachel Rose, who edited even my worst of chapters and continually supported me from the start. Royals would have had an immense amount of typos and awkward sentences had it not been for your help (in fact, this dedication probably does as well, seeing as this was a surprise and remains unedited). And thank you also, Rachel, for drawing a blush to my cheeks with your sweet, engrossed comments.

2. Ashley (Lou) Nicole Clair, who encouraged and, ultimately, insisted that I put my thoughts into words. She is the most optimistic, amazingly perfect friend a girl could wish for, pushing me to believe in my talents, and forever having faith in a positive outcome for me. Thank you so much, Ashley, for listening to my endless prattle about this story, planning out the denouement with me (even though it killed you to hear of the unfortunate resolution), supplying me with ideas (i.e. the Christmas gift and the exposition of the poem), and for being my inspiration to continue writing. If I hadn't been supported with your endless reinforcement, this story would have ended near chapter three, floating aimlessly among the abyss that is incomplete stories.

And a sincere thank you to all of my readers, who actually stuck around until the end. I loved reading your comments (especially the regulars), hearing your critiques, and I am infinitely grateful for your votes.