Chapter 1

"When criminals in this world appear, and break the laws that they should fear. And frighten all who see or hear, the cry goes up both far and near..."

Kali and her father Walter were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching a cheesy old superhero show he used to watch as a kid. It was about an anthropomorphic dog with superpowers who always stopped an evil scientist from taking over the world and saving his girlfriend who was the damsel in distress of the scientist's crimes. 

"What are you guys watching?" Ann then walked in. 

"Ah, just some lame old show Dad used to watch as a kid" Kali replied. 

"Man how times have changed" Walter mentioned, referring to his childhood TV show. 

The twins then came over, curious to watch a bit of the show themselves. They watched as the dog punched a wolf-like looking gangster daylights out. 

"Pfft, that dog's got nothing on what Krypto can do!" Brock commented, about a real superdog they knew. 

Just then, the family heard a whooshing sound from outside and opened the sliding back door to see none other than Krypto the Superdog landing in their grassy backyard. 

"Krypto, you're here!" Kali was the first to run out and hug the white lab who had been a friend of the Harpercops for a long time. 

Krypto had come to visit and stay with Harpercops for awhile, since Superman was away on important hero business out of town. 

"I've missed you guys" Krypto said, accidentally wagging his tail too fast that it created a gust of wind that nearly blew everything out of the backyard. "Oops" 

"It's so good to see you again, buddy" Brock and Ann came over and hugged the superdog

"It's good to be back" Krypto smiled. 

"We're so glad you're here" Jane said to Krypto, while preparing dinner. "The city could really use you right now" 

"Why is that?" The white lab tilted his head at her. 

"Well, it's just... There have been a lot of recent crimes going on around here lately" Jane explained. "Town Hall even had an incident just almost an hour ago about a bomb threat that interfered with the Mayor's speech" 

"Oh no!" Krypto and the rest of the family gasped. 

"Not to worry..." Jane continued. "They said it was a false alarm" 

"Man, the city's getting more and more dangerous" Walter remarked. 

"I can go out tonight and check on things if you'd like" Krypto offered the parents. 

"Awww, right now?" Kali and the twins complained. "You just got here"  

"Dinner's ready!" Jane just then called out, bringing out the meatloaf from the oven. 

"Okay, I'll stay for dinner" Krypto chuckled to the kids. "Can't fight crime on an empty stomach"

Later that night~ 

Krypto was out on patrol, standing on top of one of the tallest buildings down town while overlooking the city. The clear night sky and full moon was visible with a slight cool breeze. The superdog was about to turn in for the night and head back to the Harpercops, as nothing was happening. Until Krypto's left ear perked up, hearing a noise in the distance with his super hearing that disturbed him and decided to go investigate.  

Krypto flew off over towards Town Hall and used his xray-vision to see if he could find anything. There, as he was right over Town Hall, underneath the building was a hidden lab with one room filled with dogs in cages and another room that was obviously for testing out experiments. That room even had a giant laser to the touch, on top of the ceiling.