Q&A

Okay, let's dive right into this.

Couldn't Kumo just be an albino? Like not a spirit.

Yes, she could very well just be actually albino. However, people perceive her as something spiritual. This is because albinism (even in our relatively modern world) is still a relatively new discovery in the world of science (e.g last hundred years), and before that many would often assume that the lack of pigment was caused by spiritual factors or something supernatural. In some places in the world, they still hold this idea, and in others, many aren't aware of albinism in general.

I took a look at the world ATLA was set in, and made my decision. The world in ATLA is quite primitive and lacks the technology we have in the real world, so I assumed they could not be more medically advanced than us or even more advanced at the point where albinism was actually recognised as a condition. So, therefore, I assumed that (because there is a prominent belief in the supernatural in ATLA) they would automatically connect it with the spirits.

Of course, Kumo isn't actually an albino, but does have spirit blood which is why her hair is white. But other people do not know that.

What is Kumo?

I revealed this in an earlier chapter around the time Kumo was meeting Wan Shi Tong that she was actually the child of the wolf spirit and a priestess. This is why she understands and communicates with Kaze so well, and also explains her abilities and spiritual ties.

Why is Katara portrayed so badly? And as a terrible person?

Like I've said before, this is a fan fiction. I personally did not like Katara in ATLA, especially at the start of the show. However, there is an obvious change in Katara as the show progresses, this is called character development. There is also an obvious changes in the relationship between Katara and Kumo in this book as they both mature and experience many different things. I gave her way more credit in this book then I had the last because of this change. So, I don't needlessly hate Katara, and I do portray her in positive lights in some places, despite finding her character generally unlikable, because there are some places when she does redeem herself.

Are you continuing this book?

Yes, of course, though it may be slow. I did just move across the country to a whole new school and start my A-Levels, which are going terribly because I'm stupid.

A lot of people are questioning why Aang believes she is a traitor, or something other than that.

Because she is, even if it isn't her fault. She comes across as an air bender, so therefore, should be Aang's ally, and she was raised alongside Sokka and Katara, so therefore, should be their ally. But she spends most of the first book with Zuko, and at the time, Aang doesn't realise that she is being held against her will. There is a massive lapse in communication. And Kumo is smart enough to realise they assume the worse.

The mixup between the Southern and Northern water tribe.

I am well aware of this. It has been brought to my attention many of times that I got the poles mixed up. I have addressed this to most commentors directly, but not generally.

And, no, I don't feel like going back to edit it, because this story makes me cringe so bad and I can't stand reading this book (especially the earlier chapters), even though I'm continuing to write it.

||A/N: Those were just the most common questions asked, but if you have anymore feel free to message me.||