One

"What the fuck–?"

Sean clicked away and smiled as he captured his best friend's tantrums in camera. He knew exactly what Kaycee's reaction would be like.

"Don't tell me you're going to campus with that?" Kaycee said, seeing Sean in a Porsche.

It was the second week of summer, and after being accepted for the summer program before freshman year began, they thought it was a good idea to push through with the program to experience the university life first hand. It was their first day, and instead of seeing her best friend in his bike, she saw him waiting outside their house in a new car.

"It's called a car, Kayc. It is dad's birthday present –"

"But the campus is just around the corner!"

"You're exaggerating. And I'm not going to the university in a bike. I'm not in high school anymore—"

"A month and two weeks ago, you were in high school, old man," Kaycee deadpanned, crossing her arms.

"Fine. Not my loss anyway. Besides, it'll be fun going to the orientation by myself," he said, preparing to drive, fighting the temptation to laugh. "Bye, then –"

"Wait! Fine," she said, steering her bike back into the garage.

Sean shook his head as he watched his best friend grumbling as she made her way to the car, arms crossed and brows furrowed. As usual, she was wearing her snapback in reverse, a large statement shirt, black jeans and hi cuts. He wondered when his best friend would actually wear his girly clothes that her mother enthusiastically got for her; he was with Tessa sometimes when she did her shopping.

"Seat belt," he said.

Kaycee sighed but obliged anyway.

She thought it was boring, being in a car. They just sit there, do nothing, in contrary to the rush in their bikes. She blew out some air, thinking of something to do when she noticed Sean's camera, sitting on the dash. She snatched it, grinning, thinking he wouldn't even try to pry it of her because he was driving.

"Not so fast, Rice," Sean said sternly, expertly retrieving his camera.

"Why?" she whined. "You are so forever unfair! You never let me see your photos –"

"You've seen them in my bedroom –"

"That's different!"

"There's no difference," Sean said nonchalantly.

"Then why don't you let me see them?" Kaycee pouted, an expression that she was not aware she was doing. Sean looked at her and sighed.

"It's not good enough," he said.

"You practically have the eyes of God!" Kaycee grumbled.

"You're exaggerating again," Sean said, smiling. "Trust me, it's not good enough, Kayc."

"How would you know if you're not good enough? I can see your work! I can give objective, constructive criticism!"

That's Kaycee Rice for you. Always stubborn.

"You really won't let go of this, would you?" Sean said, looking at her as the car stopped in red light.

"Of course! We've been best friends since we had our first breast feeding session with our moms and I haven't been in your dark room yet," she said through gritted teeth, clearly displeased.