Five

Josh could only sigh and roll his eyes, seeing his twin sister slump on the kitchen island, motionless.

"So what's the matter this time? Did Sean kiss you again?" Josh asked, brow raised as he opened the fridge and retrieved a can of pineapple juice.

Kaycee sat straight up and glared at him, crossing her arms. "The fuck. Of course not!"

"You can't lie to me, sis. You think I didn't see you sneak out two nights ago? Is there some hanky-panky going on between you and Sean that I didn't know about?" he asked.

"What the fuck, Josh? You're disgusting, I don't wanna talk to you anymore," Kaycee grumbled, not knowing she was so red in the face as she rounded the island to leave her twin.

Josh guffawed, catching his sister's wrist and leading her back to the stool. "Sorry, sorry. You know I'm just messing with you," he said. "So, what's up?"

Kaycee still has the biggest frown on her face. "Miss Gomez. She wanted me to have a make-over for Saturday."

"What's the fuss about? It's just a make-over," Josh shrugged, chugging the juice straight out of the can.

"Just a makeover?" Kaycee asked incredulously, her voice hiking up. "Do you know what that means?"

"It means I'll realize I have a twin sister, not a brother –" Josh said, smirking, dodging a wooden saddle aimed at him.

"You're not helping!"

"You know, sis, this should be the least of your worries. How's your piece? Are you ready?" Josh asked, facing her as he leaned on the island.

"I –I..." Kaycee sighed, fidgeting. "I don't know..."

Josh smiled and rubbed a finger under her chin. "Cheer up, sis. I know you'll do great. Always," he smiled softly at her. "And besides, the Hatalas are arriving in..." Josh checked his watch. "Soon. They're gonna stay here for a week."

"So?"

"Taylor's with them. She can help you with the make-over," Josh said, excitement shining in his eyes.

"Why do you seem so excited?" Kaycee asked raising her brow at her twin, a teasing smirk growing on her lips.

Josh realized his excessive display of excitement that he immediately composed himself and cleared his throat. He shrugged, his stance relaxing in a casual posture. "I –I am not. It's been years since we saw Taylor. And Teresa and Chad," he quickly added. He did miss his parents' childhood best friends from Canada.

A grin was threatening to break from Kaycee's lips. "Right," she teased. "Whatever you say, Joshua Kyle."

"Oh, shut up."

*****

"I know exactly what to do with you," Taylor Hatala grinned at her through the mirror as she touched her curls gently.

Kaycee could only sigh in defeat. Despite missing her childhood friend, she wasn't exactly thrilled with what was about to happen. Ever since the makeover topic was opened, the moms got excited all over again and assigned Taylor to help her.

"She never lets me have my way in the makeover," Tessa had said rather sadly, making Kaycee roll her eyes. She knew what she would get in the hands of her mom.

"Just don't make me look too girly," she grumbled.

"And what exactly does 'too girly' mean?" Taylor laughed.