Chapter 11

The newly crowned Queen of England waited quietly, a small smile on her face as she saw the familiar French countryside pass her by through the window of her grand carriage. The young girl wore a dark blue chiffon, tulle and satin gown with a tight bodice, a low sweetheart neckline, a wide skirt and long train. She wore a matching satin belt with white diamonds all over it, pulling in her waist even more, a thick collar necklace made of thousands of matching large diamonds and long chandelier earrings -a few gifts from the Indian Emperor after the English crown was attained- falling onto her shoulders, a tall crown made of circular and pear cut diamonds sitting high on her head, raven waves spilling down to her hips. Her lips were painted a dark rose, golden eyes highlighted by a ring of black around them, her usual makeup in perfect condition as she waited the journey to get to the French royal castle. Edward had died almost three months ago and the young Queen had spent a few weeks in slight civil war due to the people who believed Mary Tudor and Elizabeth were the true heirs to the English throne. The war was almost instantaneously over, for her armies dwarfed those of the Tudor half sister, due to the fact the sisters came from two different faiths and their armies damn near imploded themselves. The Tudor half sisters were comfortably imprisoned for treason against the crown, their armies crushed and defeated. The soldiers had been simply following orders and had settled into the English army after seeing the religious tolerance shown by the ruling regnal Queen. Mary and Elizabeth were waiting to get whatever punishment Mary saw fit, whilst she had spent a few days sorting things in England and reducing the English's hatred of the Gaels -and vise versa- to the best of her abilities. After seeing who would be the most loyal to her, and punishing those who weren't, she had travelled up to Edinburgh, officially uniting the four countries into the United Kingdom of Great Britain and it's isles. Once the treaty was complete and satisfied by the nobles, she was spending a few days in France for business, mainly starting to include France into the powerful empire that she'd built up and officially inviting the French royal family to her coronation that was being organised by her English loyal advisers.

Mary adjusted the tight navy sleeves of her gown, brushing her fingers over the jewelled broach that held together her silk lined navy cloak, the backs of her rings making a soft 'clink' against the clear gems. She sighed blissfully.

In four weeks time, she would be crowned officially. In four months time, she would attain the title of 'Dauphine' of France, for it was only a small amount of time until she turned fourteen years old and became of age to wed her beloved Francis. Their dynamic had changed slightly, no longer simply friends. It was a deeper connection than that. She didn't know what they were, but she knew they were no longer just childhood companions.

In but four months time, they would wed in the snow covered ambience and they would spend two months in bliss, with nothing to think about but each other, her countries ruled by the lead members of each privy council. And then, they would return, and her people would know their king. They would wed in the eyes of her people, a ceremony in every country, and they would produce heirs to secure their reigns.

The first would be a boy, and he would be named James, in honour of her long dead father and half brother. He would have her dark hair and her eldest half brothers Adam's dark eyes, and a ring of golden near his iris, the body of her spirit forever being with her beloved child. He would grow up to love his parents and would inherit their empire. He would be tolerant and would be protective of those he loved, he would put his people before everything and would take a bride that he loved. And, after his mother and father met their maker, he would rule justly and protect his people with everything he had. He would defend them from war, he would honour them and be loyal to them and his wife. He would love her and their children, before meeting his own maker and unite with his parents whom he hadn't seen in decades.