Chapter 15

And, before long, the ground was shimmering with snow, and Francis stood at the alter at Notre Dame, Antoine and his brothers standing near him. He stood tall in a black tunic with leather trousers and a leather waistcoat with gold embroidery on the hemlines and over the middle. On top was a heavy black velvet doublet covered in gold embroidery which sparkled in the candlelight, just like his matching knee high boots and livery collar, of the large cathedral, hundreds upon hundreds of people in attendance. The musicians softly played music, the choir gently singing.

They heard the doors open and as many females as there were males walked slowly down the isle, stopping a few feet away from the bridegroom, filling the space left by the royals, bishops, cardinals and anybody else of importance.

"Attention for the entrance of the bride." the Pope said swiftly. In unison, everybody turned their attention to the door and stood up. Francis took a deep breath and turned towards the entrance way, watching intently as the doors opened. And, on his fathers' arm, the bride could be seen.

Then the centrepiece made her entrance. There was an audible gasp as the Queen made her presence known. Francis' mouth opened slightly, speechless. She was absolutely beautiful.

Wearing a gown as white as the shimmering snow outside, she immediately captured every bodies attention. She wore an under gown of white satin, no doubt over her many skirts, corset and slip, which formed into a sweetheart neckline, covering her and pulling in her tiny waist, before falling into the skirt. Over the satin of her skirt was a sea of tulle that had the smallest white gems sewn onto it, making it shimmer just as much as the snow outside was. Over the entire gown was a layer of intricate lace, small diamonds and small pearls that covered her torso and arms, leaving a bardot cut. On the skirt lay medium sized lace inserts that were more prominent on the hemline and slowly fell up the skirt. On her arms, starting just above the lace, were sheer cape slit sleeves that shimmered in the light, containing similar lace inserts. The skirt was wide and silently told those all around her of her power and the rank she possessed at such a tender age. The layer of lace and sheer material went a little further than the satin and tulle train of the gown, exposing itself in it's small and intricate designs, sparkling with small gems.

On her exposed throat and chest she wore a thick choker of small and large different shaped diamonds, the pear cuts the size of grapes gently moving across her chest as she stopped walking the few slow steps she'd taken to let the admiring happen. She wore matching large chandelier earrings that gently skimmed against the bare skin of her shoulders, the large diamonds glittering in the candlelight. On her hands she wore her beloved diamond hand cuffs which sparkled against her pale skin and contrasted against the snow coloured lace and her signet ring, her coronation rings and engagement ring.

The bride's extremely long and dark hair was manoeuvred into soft curls, a third of the raven sea complicatedly pulled up into the shape of a rose. On her head she wore a tall silver crown with intricate patterns of twisted silver and different shaped diamonds, all glittering in the romantic glow of the cathedral.

Her face was made imperfection-less by a soft layer of pale foundation, a small darker line on each of her cheekbones, on either sides of her nose and a soft dusting all around her hair and jawlines. She had a soft sparkle on her cupids bow, the tip and length of her nose, on her jaw, on her forehead and chin. Her eyes were lined with a soft line of black, two flicks on either side, long eyelashes as prominent her plump lips, which contrasted the black of her eyelashes by a dark pink rouge.

She was covered by an extremely long veil, which covered her from her torso to down past her train, the sheer material holding a soft lace border, it's simplicity covering her back and all over the train, falling past the train. She carried a long drop bouquet of white roses and baby's breath, the flowers matching the colour of her dress.