Nightmare

"Dad!" he was home, finally. Mom was there, too. "Mom!" I start running toward them, and Dad catches me in his arms. "I've missed you so much!"

"We miss you, too," they reply. Dad sets me down. "But we have to leave again, now." they both kiss my cheek, and start walking away.

"Wait-where are you going?" they don't turn around, or answer. "Mom?" no reply. "Dad!" no response. "GUYS DON'T LEAVE ME AGAIN!" I start running, but they keep moving further away. "PLEASE!" I fall to the ground, and the light room grows darker. "MOM! DAD!"

Aricka?

Aricka! Wake up!

"NOOO!"

*End dream*

"Aricka, hey, kiddo!" Patton was shaking me. "Wake up, you're having a nightmare." I sit up, and he hugs me. "Vira's pretty shook up, too," he says. "What happened?"

"M-my parents..." my voice trails off. I'd had a dream like this before-but it can't happen, it's not true! I won't let it happen this time. "They left me, and they didn't come back, this time for real." then what Patton said sank it."Vira? Where is she?"

"They all woke up and moved to the chairs and the other couch," he said. "Vira's over here, want me to show you?" I nod, and stand up, following him to Vira.

"V?" I whisper, bending down in front of her. "Vira, it's Aricka."  She looks up, and I can see the eye shadow trickling down her cheeks.  "Hey, what's wrong?" 

"I-I dunno..." she says. 

"Did you just start crying for no reason?" a tiny nod. "That's okay. I do that sometimes, too. Sometimes we just need to cry, and there's nothing wrong with that. Want me to stay with you?" another tiny nod. "Okay. Scoot over." she does, and I lay down next to her, but before I do, I tell Patton to go back to bed.

"Alright kiddo. Good night," he whispers, and sinks down again. 

"Night Aricka. Thanks for staying," I heard Vira whisper as she fell back asleep.

"No problem, V." then I fell asleep, too.