III.I

Poppy was the happiest when she became part of her family. She knew she had made her mother Holly very happy. She was seen as a gift by Holly, everything she had ever wished for, and Poppy couldn't be prouder. Holly carried Poppy all the way home. She cuddles Poppy to sleep and tucked her into her new crib.

The days after Poppy was brought home she was fed, dressed and taken out for walks by her mother. She couldn't be more thankful. Every day she had a change of clothes chosen by her mother, all her dresses were beautiful and matched her shoes. Sometimes she even had a matching hat! Poppy's favourite was her fluffiest dress, it had a pattern of pink flowers and she wore it with white flats that were decorated with pink bows. With this dress, not only did she have a cute hat but also a matching pink coat.

She wore it only for the most important days, according to her mother. She would wear it for tea parties, birthday's, visits to grandma and grandpa, family reunions, etc. It made her feel special, like a princess.

Because Poppy was so young her mother would feed her every day with a spoon, the spoon was bought specially for Poppy since her mother's was too big for her too use. She ate all the food her mother served her, she sometimes let some food slip but it was ok since she would always wear a bib.

After eating her mother would take on her daily walk, she would carry her or push her on her baby cart. They would stroll around the park, sit on the grass and maybe if she was lucky they would have a picnic. When it rained, they wouldn't go outside, afraid Poppy would get sick, since it happened once. They would walk circles around the living room but it wasn't a loss, for Poppy being with her mother was all she needed.

...