Chapter 4

I was outside looking up at the stars that were out tonight when Marcos joined me.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I just.....it's been awhile since I've ever got the chance to see the stars," I smirked.

"I come here too," Marcos said.

"How did you and my sister meet exactly?" I asked.

"Well, I wasn't always the Good Guy but Lorna and John came looking for me when they heard about me helping other mutants so they asked me to join them and everything change," he answered.

"I saw a memory of you two together surrounded by an aurora," I said.

"We combined our powers to create that which led to the kiss," Marcos chuckled.

"She loves you despite being part of the Inner Circle," I said.

"Let's head for bed.....we'll take care of Lorna tomorrow," he said.

We went back to bed as I thought about the others and most of all, Nate.

[Season 1]

"I can make my own breakfast, Nate," I chuckled.

"I know but you were really tired so I let you sleep in," Nate said.

I kissed him as I went to shower and change my clothes in time to eat breakfast. We were going to go to class today so we had to hurry up and meet with the others. Today in class, we were all going to be in the Danger Room so we could practice our training.

"Anya, James, Amara, and Tabitha, you're up so show us what you learn so here," John said.

"You got it, Thunderbird," I winked.

We enter the Danger Room like we always do but I felt like someone else was trying to mess with my head when I felt the surge of magnetic energy.

"Anya, stop!"

"It's not me!!!"

"Everyone move!"

I felt this energy release out of me until I passed out and James caught me. I woke up in a plastic box as Nate was watching over me with a relief look on his face.

"Someone used your father's medallion to look for you and your brother.....it seems as though whoever was looking for you has similar powers like yours," Nate explained.

"Lorna.....my dad wanted Lorna to be part of the family but after what happened to mother-"

"He didn't want to take the risk, I know all about that," he sighed.

"I have to find her especially now......I can't have Sentinel Services taking her away," I argued.

"I promise we will, let's get you out of the box first," Nate smiled.

"You got it and I owe you lunch," I smirked.

I kissed him when we went to meet with his parents who were leaving town.

"Mom, we're going to fine.....I promise," Nate chuckled.

There was a flash of light when I was about to shake Mrs. Summers' hand and all I could do was see everything in slow motion as my ears were ringing. Eric came over to help me up as I couldn't see where Nate was but Eric sped me to James where someone behind him came over.

"Nate???"

"Are you OK?" Nate muffled.

I touch my ear which had some blood coming down.

"What happened?!"

Nate carried me to the car where we were off to figure out what just happened. It took me a few minutes to regain my hearing but James helped me clean the blood from my ears.

"What the hell is going on here?" I asked.

"Can you hear me now?" Nate asked.

"Yeah, now answer my question please," I said.

"The X-Men and Brotherhood have disappeared," he said.

I was in shock that he would say such a thing about our Guardians but the house was damaged so we were on our own.