Chapter 7

[Two Weeks Earlier, S1]

I was sneaking back into Nate's room when I ran into Ruby and Hope.

"Hey guys, I thought you were studying together," I mentioned.

"Yeah, we came to grab our stuff and leave," Ruby said.

"I should, um, get going now," I said nervously.

I rushed into Nate's room when he kisses me and gives me a boost to carry me back to his bed.

"I sort of ran into your sisters......I think they're suspicious now," I giggled.

"Whatever, it's my life and I don't complain when they're with their boyfriends so they should keep their mouth shut," Nate said.

We kissed as I knew that I had a mission to go on with some of the X-Men. I grabbed my clothes and I was off to meet with them as we had to search for something.

"So, what were you and Nate doing besides sex?" Hope asked.

"You really want to know about my sex life with your brother," I scoffed.

"Your brother is sleeping with Siryn and you're my best friend therefore we share our lives," she said.

"Nate and I started dating 2 years ago and things hit off pretty well," I smirked.

"Well, I just want you to know that Ruby and I are cool with it," Hope explained.

"Thanks, I'm glad to hear-"

I fell into a crater where a special stone made to conceal the Phoenix Force in was back on earth. Hope helped me out of the crater fast so the X-Men could take care of it.

-

I came home with Nate dancing with his ex, Melody Jacobs as my classmates were chilling out in the mansion. Then, she tried to kiss Nate and that was when he noticed I was back from the mission.

"Anya, wait......"

I walked away to my room with Nate following me.

"Anya!"

"What is it, Nate?!" I asked.

"We were just dancing, nothing else happened," Nate argued.

"Nate, dancing with your ex while I'm on a mission doesn't look good," I argued.

"I know, I realized that when she started being a bit too flirty with me which is why you saw us in that position," he said.

"I know how much she meant to you and how she nearly made you her baby daddy but that doesn't change the fact that you chose to dance with her which led to this," I scoffed.

"You're right.......I'd rather lose my friendship with Melody than lose my happiness with you," Nate said.

"Nate, I can't-"

He slams his lips on mine as he lets go of me while I went to shower and clean myself up. I was going to bed when I found a gift on my table as I realized it was already past midnight.

"Happy 20th Birthday, babe," Nate smirked.

"You're such an ass.....but that doesn't mean I don't love you," I sighed.

"I swear we will figure this out together......I love you too much to let go," he said.

We went to bed as I cuddled with him so we could get some sleep. I woke up with Nate still sleeping by my side as I went to change when I caught a glimpse of the Dark Phoenix. I was so frighten that I screamed in fear as Nate woke up to check on me and Mrs. Summers came by too.

"Anya, what's wrong?" Nate asked.

"Nate, go get the professor......Now!" Mrs. Summers said.

I was terrified as Mrs. Summers helped me calm my mind.

"Anya, you may have accidentally come in contact with the stone when you fell into the crater.....the Professor and I will help you," she said.

"It's weak and needs a host until it's strong again," I mentioned.

"Don't listen to the Phoenix Force......you can't let it consume you," Mrs. Summers warned.

I blacked out and woke up in the medic room where Nate along with Hope was keeping watch on me.

"Hey princess, how are you feeling?" Nate asked.

"Like this was the worse birthday ever," I groaned.

"It's only 4pm.......the Phoenix Force was trying to get you to be their new host but we were able to stop it," Hope said.

"Thanks, I was seeing a world on fire when I saw myself as the Dark Phoenix in the mirror," I sighed.

"Wait, you saw yourself as the Dark Phoenix?" Nate asked.

"Yeah, it was frightening.......especially since Eric and I are Changelings, you know," I chuckled.

"Yeah, we're just glad you're ok," Hope said.

They left while I went to the bathroom to change and go celebrate my birthday with Eric when I saw my dad come by.