Chapter 11

I dropped their bodies when I saw Marcos, Clarice, and John looking from a distance. I couldn't believe what I've done as I realized Esme wasn't as powerful as the Professor or Mrs. Summers.

"I'm so sorry.......I didn't mean to-"

"It's not your fault.....lets get you and Eric out of here before they notice them missing," Marcos said.

"I just killed-"

Marcos held me tight as I cried since I have never taken a life before today. I didn't know how to tell Nate what I did but they were hurting my brother and I had the Phoenix messing with my head.

"What happened?"

"Esme wasn't strong enough and the Phoenix took over her rage," Marcos said.

"Eric was badly beaten by Jonah and his anti-mutant friends and I saw Dad which I tried to ignore but then, it used Lorna and Dawn against me so I could-"

"Anya, it's not your fault......I would never blame you for this," Nate said.

"Nate, I just killed four people so how am I supposed to accept that???" I asked.

"It was either them or Eric......they gave you no choice and Phoenix simply took advantage of that," Nate argued.

"I think we should help Eric out and focus more on him in the meantime," Caitlin said.

"I love you, Anya," Nate whispered.

I kissed his cheek before going to check on Eric and I felt so guilty with what happened. I called Laura so she could know Eric was with me and the Mutant Underground. I was spending the rest of my time with Eric until he got better and Nate came by with dinner.

"It's not much but this is all we got for now," Nate said.

"They used some drug to supress his mutant powers so they could beat him up badly," I mentioned.

"Eric is fighter so don't worry so much about this S.O.B, Anya," he said.

"You're one to talk, Summers," Eric groaned.

"You scared me to death, asshole," I growled.

"My ex noticed me and her new man happened to be friends with Jonah so they caught me off guard," Eric explained.

"Eric?!"

"I know.......it was a big mistake going back to our hometown," he sighed.

"Well, it's too late for you to be worried about Jonah and his gang," I said.

"What happened?" Eric asked.

"The Dark Phoenix killed them by snapping their necks," Nate answered.

"Anya.....I'm so sorry, damn it! I really messed up this time," Eric said frustrated.

"It's OK, Eric.....I'm going to be fine within time," I said.

"I made you kill someone for being an idiot," he argued.

"You're the only brother Lorna and I got so ofcourse I was going to save you," I said.

"I'll go straight to Canada this time," Eric sighed.

"But for now, you're going to heal up and allow the swelling to go down," I said.

"Yes mom," Eric teased.

I smothered him with his pillow before leaving the room. I went to the roof as I found Marcos drinking a beer and looking up at the stars.

"Hey, my brother woke up and he's going to be OK," I mentioned.

"I'm glad to hear it......look, you need to remember that sometimes we do things that we don't like but it's to protect those we love the most," Marcos said.

"Thanks, I'm so grateful for you not seeing me as a monster," I said.

"Well, I have to protect Lorna's little sister from any danger," Marcos explained.

"Thank you," I smiled.

I noticed a laser pointing at Marcos's chest so I look to see a Purifier from the distant.

"Lookout!"

(Matthew Daddario as Eric Maximoff aka Quicksilver)