Introduction

(1388 words)

Introduction –

I jumped up in bed, my head spinning and my heart racing. It had been almost two years since I had a dream like that. I felt stick to my stomach, getting up and running to the bathroom I made it just in time as my stomach turned and emptied.

When I was done, I managed to pull myself up off the floor and brushed my teeth twice just for good measures. When that was done I figured I might as well get up and get ready for the day. I knew I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep any time soon.

I took a shower and then got dressed in my normal Sunday wear, sweat pants and a thick long sleeved shirt. And my ducky socks.

I then went to my small kitchen and fixed some waffles.

I sat at my dining room table eating my food slowly as the sun began to rise. It would be another cool day as it was fall and almost October.

A knock on the front door had me jumping up and running to the door. I usually don't get many visitors. Mainly my fault but I had been waiting for a package and I was hoping it was that.

"Yes." I rushed as I opened the front door.

There stood a tall man. He had dark brown hair and light green eyes. He had to be at least 6'3. His head was almost touching the ceiling of my porch.

"Hi. I'm looking for 342." He said.

"Grey house next door." I said still staring at the man like he was a tall glass of water in the middle of the desert.

"Chester!" Someone yelled from behind him. The voice sounded like music to my ears and my pulse began to race, leaving me completely lost.

How could someone's voice do that? I asked myself.

I then looked behind the man standing on my porch and another man was standing just outside of my fence.

He was taller than the other man and his hair was dark and so was his eyes. He looked at me for a split second before looking away and walking to the house next door to me.

"Sorry miss. Have a nice day." The man standing on my porch said as he smiled and walked next door. I saw him and the other guy arguing about something before I slowly shut my front door and went inside.

--

The next day started out the same, me waking up and running to the bathroom, then cleaning up and eating breakfast.

It was Monday so I had to be at work by eight so instead of getting into my comfy cloths I got into a tight pencil dress that ended just below my knees and paired the off white dress with some white wedged heels.

I was a pediatrician and half werewolf so I lived in the Blue moon pack and worked at the local doctor's office. I loved seeing all my patients and living in the pack.

My father was a born wolf but my mother was his lover and she was human. So when she got pregnant with me she tried to abort me. But my father wouldn't allow it. He told his mate about me and she accepted me.

My mother was put into a wolf hospital and once I was born she took off, leaving me with my father and step mother.

I didn't know my mother, but that never really bothered me. My step mom was more than adequate in raising me.

She taught me everything a woman needs to know.

I also learned everything there was to know about mates. My father was pretty curtain I wasn't going to ever have a mate because of my human DNA. I couldn't shift nor did I get any of the hearing or seeing abilities that most wolves get.

I did have a half-sister that was two years younger than me. She is full wolf and has found her mate. Ciara my sister and her wife Shelby got married just six months ago. But they completed their mate bond two years ago.

Ciara says she got married because she wanted to, but I know deep down it was so I could be included since I won't get a mate. I loved my family, but sometimes they tried way too hard to make me feel included in all the wolf things.

"Good morning Legacy." My elderly neighbor Josie yelled to me as I got to my car in my small drive way.

"Good morning Josie." I yelled back to her. I got in my car and headed to work. As I drove past the grey house I looked into the very open window. There he stood in only a towel and water dripping down his body.

I almost lost control of my car and as I swerved from hitting his car parked on the side of the street he looked out the window and our eyes connected once again. But this time it felt like my heart had stopped and all the air left my lungs.

He quickly and harshly shit his curtain and I slammed on the gas petal trying my best to get the hell out of there.

What the hell was that?

-

"You're saying her heart stopped?" My sister in law Shelby asked as my family and I sat down at my dad's house eating dinner.

"Well did it?" My step mother Helen asked me. She had her eye brow raised and that look in her eyes that said I know something you don't.

"Not only did it feel like my heart stopped, my lungs died as well. My god I almost hit his freaking car. Do you realize how embarrassing that would have been?" I asked shoving a fork full of pasta into my mouth.

"Do you know his name?" Ciara asked as she came back to the table from getting more wine.

"I never asked. But I think the guy who came to my doors name is Chester. That's what he called him. Oh my goddess don't even get me started on his voice." I rolled my eyes at the memory of it.

"Legacy" My father said my name in almost a teasing manner.

"I don't have a crush." I said picking my glace of wine up and taking a sip.

"No, you have a mate." I chocked on the wine I had just drunk and looked at my mother.

"Are you in sane?" I screeched out.

"Maybe, but everything you have just described is the same feelings I got when I met your father, and Ciara with Shelby." My mother said softly.

"But he hates me." I mumbled out all of the sudden feeling sad.

"Chester is the soon to be new beta. So your mate is more likely the Alpha." Shelby said it like it was no big deal.

"You're telling me I could have a mate, and that mate could be an alpha?" I asked her.

She shook her head yes, and I lost it. I feel out of my seat and onto the floor literally crying from laughter.

"Legacy get off the floor." My father scolded. But I couldn't because I was dying.

"Sweetheart please stop encouraging her fantasies." Ciara sighed at Shelby.

"Yes, because I fantasize the hell out of a big bad alpha ravishing me." I mocked. My dad chocked on his food and my mother glared at me.

"Okay, dinners over with." My father got out around a fit of coughing.

"Look you ruined family dinner night." Ciara mumbled which caused me to mock her and my dad to slam his fist down on the table.

"Enough!" My dad spat out. We all knew when dad was pissed off it was finally time to leave. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one of my free writing stories. If I can come up with idea's for a story i am currently working on I start writing out my ideas and I just feel in love with this one. So here you all go I really do hope you guys enjoy it. 

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share with all your friends,

Till next time my groot friends,

Bubbleslishes aka Brittany