Chapter one

(1806 words)

Chapter one –

The next few weeks flew by and by time I got a chance to take a breath it was time to go to the park for the new alpha ceremony. He was becoming Alpha in a private ceremony but the old alpha wanted to do something for the whole pack to meet him and celebrate.

It was a big event and Ciara of course had rushed over to my house the second she found out I wasn't going to go and literally carried me from my room to her car.

It was a good thing I had my blue jeans and a decent shirt on.

"He baby girl!" My dad said as he came over to give me a big hug.

"I was held at gun point." I said to him. He knew full well I was lying because no pack member was allowed to have a gun.

"You'll get over it cry baby." Ciara said as she walked past my father and I hand in hand with Shelby.

It wasn't like the human world. We accepted same sex relationships because the goddess has allowed it. She chooses our mates. So if you are mated to a woman and you are a woman then it is okay. I honestly didn't see anything wrong in it.

But there were some people who didn't like it, but they never really expressed their feeling due to the Alpha making it very clear that it wasn't hurting them so they needed to mind their own business. And if any one spoke out about it he would personally see to them.

"Hey!" I looked up to see the same guy from last week walking up to me. "I never got to tell you my name." He said as he came up to me.

"The names Chester Martinez, and you're name would be?" He asked sticking his hand out for me to shake. My father had walked off at this point so it was only me.

"Legacy Mainland" I shook his hand.

"Well Legacy it is a pleasure to meet you. Why don't you hang out with me and my friends?" Chester suggested.

"Sorry, I'm here with my family." I kindly turned him down and then took off before he could say anything else.

I turned around to see him smiling at me as my neighbor walked up to him. He smacked him on the back of the head before turning to look at me.

"Go talk to her!" Chester yelled out at him.

He shook his head and grabbed Chester's arm dragging him off.

I got the same weird feeling I did last week when his eyes looked into mine. I was really starting to get tired of this.

----

It was way past midnight and I was drunk.

So drunk I couldn't stand up. Most of the elders and children had left and the younger wolves brought out alcohol. Which I have to add was made just for wolves. So my half human ass was drunk with two shots.

"Legacy, you're so drunk." Shelby laughed as she tried to help me up.

"I... can't... breathe." I cried out in laughter.

"Dad is going to kill me." Ciara mumbled as she down another shot. I don't think she was drunk, just buzzed. But Shelby more likely was.

"Can I be of assistance?" Someone asked from behind Shelby's bent form. She looked at the person from between her legs and then jumped up but fell sideways into Ciara.

"There standing was Chester and the other guy." I drunkenly mumbled out.

"Legacy baby snack you're not a reader shut up." My friend Lola mumbled from her spot next to her mate Garrett.