✦F O U R✦

Woods - May 12th 2010

I know it's been days since my first attempt to escape, and I haven't really given up. I waited until today to try again though, mostly because ever since then, the strange man has been watching me. Anytime I left that small room, there he was, in the corner, hiding in the shadows, watching. Sometimes I wouldn't realize it until I turned my head. For example, I could be watching TV, and wouldn't know that he'd be in the farthest corner of the room, until I had to get up to pee, or something. It was scary, and caused me to have mini heart attacks several times. That's why I ate in the small room everyday. That, and watching television were the only things to do around here, besides sleep. But I hated to sleep, cause in my dreams, I could still feel his glowing red eyes pierce through my skin.

Right now, I was in the same small room. I was lacing up the spare boots he allowed me to wear. I was fully dressed in a basic t-shirt and jeans. I felt today would be a good day, to maybe be reasonable about my departure. I thought I'd just ask to leave, instead of being sneaky about it. I stood from the bed, smoothing my shirt down. I fluffed my afro, before stepping out. I closed the bedroom door, and slowly made my way into the living room. I saw he wasn't there, so I thought he was outside. I was about to place my hand on the doorknob, when I heard low music being played. I couldn't really tell what the song was, but I turned on my heels to follow it. I passed several locked doors, until I got to the door at the end of the hallway, past the bathroom I use everyday. I made it a whole lot quicker, since my ankle's healed. The door to the room of which the music was played, was cracked open slighty. I put my ear to the door, hearing an old song, sounding like it probably wasn't recorded until the fifties. It was a slow song, something an elderly couple would dance to. I wondered what he knew about it?

I looked through the crack in the door, seeing him pressed against the wall, on the floor, next to the stereo. He looked down at the floor, rubbing his fingers together. He seemed so deep in thought, I almost felt bad for interrupting, as I pushed open the door. I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Ahem....h-hey." I said, stepping into the room. I closed the door behind me. It wasn't until I got a good look, that I noticed he was shirtless. I wasn't able to tell before, because of how dark it was in this room.

"You know, I've been here for a long time now."

Not once did he look at me. I tugged at my shirt nervously. Being here, in this bland room, made me a little uncomfortable. He was practically bare, except for his jeans.

"I wanted to...I wanted to ask you, if it was okay if I could..." He looked at me, his eyes glowing again. I didn't know how to keep going on.

"I-I-I was wondering, if you'd allow me to go home now."

He stood from his spot on the floor, approaching me.

"I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I-I...have...a..." He got so close to me I had gotten choked up on my words. I gulped harshly, taking a deep breath. That's when he lifted his hand, and touched my hair. His eyes went to whatever it was he was doing, as strands of my hair entangled with his thumb and pointer. I didn't quite understand what the hell was going on, so I cleared my throat. His eyes shot daggers into mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He didn't answer, and it was silent for a full ten seconds. He backed away from me, and went back to where the stereo was, turning it off. That's when I saw the scratch marks on his back. My eyes went wide, as my right hand gripped the doorknob tightly.

"I'm leaving now..." I said lowly, trying to open the door. I was about to turn the knob and open it slightly, but the strange man looked my way. His red eyes glowed in the semi dark room. My lips parted, in amazement at how, glorious they looked. All I saw were his beautiful eyes, and it wasn't until he closed them that my eyes were reopened and I didn't feel hypnotized. Instead, I felt his lips against mine, with both hands on my waist. I was shocked, mostly cause I hadn't known anyone who kissed like he did.